IGNORED

nu-disco funky beachy summer track im working on...

Lane Visitor

rough mix/arrangement, and it needs a bit of work, but im kinda excited about this one. still trying to figure out the direction whether it'll have vox or not..

oh and this track totally doesnt belong in an IDM forum, but you guys probably already know what to expect from me by now :D

I'd love your guys' thoughts!

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/davidjackman27/jackman-beach-drive-demo

I listened because of Patrick Bateman, I wasn't disappointed. You've got a good starting point here, it just needs to be fleshed out a little bit more as it's a little plain at present (at least for my ears).

Edit: Anddddddddd now it's in my head.

I listened because of Patrick Bateman, I wasn't disappointed. You've got a good starting point here, it just needs to be fleshed out a little bit more as it's a little plain at present (at least for my ears).

Haha, thanks so much man! Glad you felt it..

Agreed- that's a great way to describe it- a bit plain.. this first pass was all about getting the groove, vibe and tone down.. i plan to give it more power, texture, and dynamics, and maybe some pretty soloing and/or ambient segues.. I'll have to post into this thread again when it's more put together (:

it's superb, some vocals would be cool, with lyrics that could bring the feeling to life (not generic lyrics about romance in the sun)

god knows what they would be though, but something that would connect with the feeling

Haha, thanks so much man! Glad you felt it..

Agreed- that's a great way to describe it- a bit plain.. this first pass was all about getting the groove, vibe and tone down.. i plan to give it more power, texture, and dynamics, and maybe some pretty soloing and/or ambient segues.. I'll have to post into this thread again when it's more put together (:

Even as a demo, it sounds good, almost like a throwback, and I love throwbacks. I'll look for an update in the near future! Also, I don't think vocals are needed, but that might just me, unless it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw

:emotawesomepm9:

it's superb, some vocals would be cool, with lyrics that could bring the feeling to life (not generic lyrics about romance in the sun)

god knows what they would be though, but something that would connect with the feeling

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't think of a plausible way of saying it. Thanks, hoggy!

Thanks hoggy, i really appreciate that!

Yes, exactly.. it's gotta be something that matches, but not cliched summer lovin... im considering maybe something like a Phoenix or Penguin Prison style vibe for vox.. meets something repetitive like that rhythm of the night track you posted- totally... i think an energetic euphoric deep house kind of thing could work...

Of course, i could always call my gal Katy Perry to hop on the track ha :emotawesomepm9:

whoa.. dude, that's an amazing track! That chorus is incredible- his vocals and the texture, mood of the instruments.. great vibe.. i definitely hear what you're talking about.. some minor chord/dark emotional aspects could actually really open the track up.. and even give it some great potential for some really euphoric breakdowns etc.

A floaty Kate Bush/Robert Smith type vibe may just do it perfect justice.

also, this song keeps resonating with me (not necessarily lyrics wise haha) but i think it could be a good fit for the type of vocal grooves in the verses maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYcXlnFQTw

Guest Tricktrack

Hello Lane Visitor. It is very good for a demo version. Maybe you can use some samples of waves and seagulls to create a nice seaside mood. Not on the full track but it could begin with it then come back when there is a quiet section. It might be missing a pad, I was waiting for this kind of sound but I might be wrong since I don't know much about dancefloor music. Anyway, this is reminding me of summer so I guess it works well. I hope you will post the development so we could hear how it evolved. :)

yeaaa lovely track!

Definitley feels like its just missing some sort of drone going through-out, the solo sections sound too dry and bare ... maybe a subtle oscillating white noise effect much like the tide coming in and going out...have it fade in and reach it's top volume at 0:16

yeaaa lovely track!

Definitley feels like its just missing some sort of drone going through-out, the solo sections sound too dry and bare ... maybe a subtle oscillating white noise effect much like the tide coming in and going out...have it fade in and reach it's top volume at 0:16

Thanks Trip!.. wow, that's an awesome idea to create movement... i definitely wanted to do a little more with sidechaining.. def going to try something like that. Cheers!

Archived