IGNORED

Caustic Window LP: Art

phudoshin

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this Kickstarter and the other stuff is over and we get all the tracks i'm thinking of burning all the Caustic Window LP tracks onto a CD and then printing out some images for the front and back cover of the CD case.

Here is my attempt:

I really like the first one - I've been working on a Caustic Window-inspired frontpage for WATMM here and there...

I've been thinking the same thing too - put together the "Caustic Window Collection" - All the Joyrex EPs, and the CW LP, etc.

We'll probably have a cover contest for fun and offer iTunes quality and printable artwork for the digital downloads and if anyone burns their tracks to CDr.

I'll have a lash..

cw_zps43ca615f.png

Nice, I'm hoping that the deck of cards aesthetics get incorporated somehow. No many images/scans of related artwork out there, as indicated by this...

YZSkjDZ.png

Obviously we've got the logo to work with, but if we had a specific date that it was produced/planned for release then it'll give us more of an idea of how it should look by referencing other albums released around that time, another thing is it's hard to come up with artwork without hearing the music..

What about art based around another traditional game like cards? Chess for example?

7HPOnLV.png

Very subtle - I like it!

n.b.: this is the inlay tray artwork from the Caustic Window Compilation CD.

Also, in case anybody asks, the font used on the Caustic Window Compilation CD is Bauhaus.

I like the idea of having the artwork have both the WATMM and Rephlex logos, that'd be kinda neat. We should definitely have a contest for the serious contenders nearer to the release date

Archived