IGNORED

Record Store Day 12" Promo up for sale again (Ebay - April 2014 Edition)

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

The copy which surfaced in Rough Trade East is up for sale (and before anyone asks - no, I'm not the seller)

iMrAMYgWDdnYK.jpg

"Boards of Canada 2013 RSD secret giveaway promo 12" (1 of 6? only 2 known to have surfaced)

After our recent move from London to Bristol we decided it was a good time to list this, We're selling this now as we have enjoyed owning it this past year but would like to use the sale to purchase some more records and expand our collection, my girlfriend picked this up from Rough Trade East in London when passing...she went to grab a coffee, flicked through the racks and picked this up. She knew of Boards of Canada but not of this releases significance, It was only once purchased that the staff let her know what it was and had been happening! the staff played this over their system (it's only play!) and took her picture. It was only once she showed me this at home and goggling that we got to learn of the whole intrigue / buzz that this had started to create. It was great to be apart of but we'd now like to pass on this legacy to the next custodian!

This is a no reserve auction for what I would now consider to be one of WARP's rarest releases to date and possibly "Electronica's" rarest release in recent memory. I guess this is only the 2nd known copy to be listed for sale with 1 sold on ebay last year. This physical pressing is only less than minutes (spans side a) worth of music / sound / coding / passkey what ever you want to call it but it has it's place in setting BOC's fans and music fans worldwide into a frenzy...a true one off."

The copy which surfaced in Rough Trade East is up for sale (and before anyone asks - no, I'm not the seller)

iMrAMYgWDdnYK.jpg

"Boards of Canada 2013 RSD secret giveaway promo 12" (1 of 6? only 2 known to have surfaced)

After our recent move from London to Bristol we decided it was a good time to list this, We're selling this now as we have enjoyed owning it this past year but would like to use the sale to purchase some more records and expand our collection, my girlfriend picked this up from Rough Trade East in London when passing...she went to grab a coffee, flicked through the racks and picked this up. She knew of Boards of Canada but not of this releases significance, It was only once purchased that the staff let her know what it was and had been happening! the staff played this over their system (it's only play!) and took her picture. It was only once she showed me this at home and goggling that we got to learn of the whole intrigue / buzz that this had started to create. It was great to be apart of but we'd now like to pass on this legacy to the next custodian!

This is a no reserve auction for what I would now consider to be one of WARP's rarest releases to date and possibly "Electronica's" rarest release in recent memory. I guess this is only the 2nd known copy to be listed for sale with 1 sold on ebay last year. This physical pressing is only less than minutes (spans side a) worth of music / sound / coding / passkey what ever you want to call it but it has it's place in setting BOC's fans and music fans worldwide into a frenzy...a true one off."

Wait, you have this?

Poor girl, her face after that picture. All BoC'ed up

BIiX99FCEAAU-ss.jpg

So they found three, right? I'll take my chances looking for one the other three. One of these days. Maybe. Nah, prolly not.

(seriously though, are there some still out there?)

Edited by joshuatx

Guest jasondonervan

"This pairs well with the Caustic Window LP, or for those on budget, Analogue Bubblebath 5"

"(1 of 6? only 2 known to have surfaced)"

"a true one off."

:cisfor:

Whoa, hang on, guys! I got an idea! How about we all pitch in and buy the record together, and then distribute high-quality MP3 copies to those of us who help pay for it? What do you say?

Whoa, hang on, guys! I got an idea! How about we all pitch in and buy the record together, and then distribute high-quality MP3 copies to those of us who help pay for it? What do you say?

:cerious:

:cisfor:

Edited by NorthernFusion

Sadly, being the dementia-addled completionist that I am, I would contribute :unsure:

No to be over-ly anal about this, but the seller is a lying shit.

Condition:
Vinyl: Played once
And here's an actual audio clip recorded in Rough Trade at time of only play:

Yeah mate, that and when you played it and posted it on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMcsaAePbQ

:cerious:

:cerious::cerious::cerious::cerious::cerious::cerious::cerious:

you are buying one genuine piece of hype, that's why

TH still hasn't grown on you then oscillik? :happy:

I'd agree with you that the price people want for this is beyond the realms of reality. Even if I was a billionaire I'd pay about 40 quid for it, top wack.

Edited by beerwolf

But... but isn't this "track" on Tomorrow's Harvest at the end of one of the tracks? Why buy this?

The melody as it appears at the end of New Seeds is in a higher key and it doesn't have that sexy number station recording.

you are buying one genuine piece of hype, that's why

TH still hasn't grown on you then oscillik? :happy:

I'd agree with you that the price people want for this is beyond the realms of reality. Even if I was a billionaire I'd pay about 40 quid for it, top wack.

doesn't matter what my opinion is of the final album - the fact remains that this item is a part the ridiculously overblown and grandiose marketing promotion that led up to it's release.

Guest transmisiones ferox

It seems for me, that with this whole thing Boards of Canada try to tell us, that the vinyl is still relevant and unique in some way.

Guest englishbob

You would assume, that as there are 3 copies of this still to find (out of the supposed 6 issued) that as its been a while, the shop owners are keeping it for themselves!

Is there any credible source that talks about 6 of these being released? I still think it was all part of the speculation of how those 6 different number sequences would be let out to the public, and people assumed it was all on different records. Instead, they used different ways of broadcasting those sequences. So, I still think there are only 2. But I could be totally wrong here.

Guest englishbob

Is there any credible source that talks about 6 of these being released? I still think it was all part of the speculation of how those 6 different number sequences would be let out to the public, and people assumed it was all on different records. Instead, they used different ways of broadcasting those sequences. So, I still think there are only 2. But I could be totally wrong here.

bocpages have the most detail about this. "Apparently" 6 vinyl issues, all with the same code though. This could easily be mis-interprepted as 6 vinyl discs because there where 6 codes. We know 2 discs exist, both with the same code...

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Cosecha_Transmisiones

I guess the whole thing rides on the credibility of this post, and the person that made it (Aesthetics)

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189825#189825

EDIT - 3 discs where found, the third in Edinburgh. I reckon the other 3 have been well hidden away by shop owners now, in their own personal collection. After all, they have passed serving their purpose!

Edited by englishbob