IGNORED

Favourite Musical Genres Across America (Interactive Map)

Joyrex

Good grief, that's pretty bleak.

Actually it's confusing because the main population centres skew the colour gradations. Would have been better to vary the font size of the genre for each state, otherwise you would think that middle american and chicago don't listen to any music at all.

Good grief, that's pretty bleak.

Actually it's confusing because the main population centres skew the colour gradations. Would have been better to vary the font size of the genre for each state, otherwise you would think that middle american and chicago don't listen to any music at all.

That's what I was thinking.

Ohio, staying consistent in being the most normal/boring state in the US, is in the middle for every single genre.

Yeah I was also staring at this perpetually green part of south Indiana/Northern Kentucky.

Realized it was Louisville. Which is interesting to me because Slint came out that city.

^ lol, I think that map shows the distribution of the genres you select, and in that pic only EDM/Electronica was selected.

it does look funny though, like a sprawling post-apocalyptic wasteland barren of any taste except for degenerated vestiges near the major coastal cities.

Why do they have a 12 bar blues for the Rock & Oldies category, which is right above Blues?

edit:

and the hip hop one is like 70s funk lol

edit2:

hahaha jazz wow

edit3:

MIDIpunk

edit4:

why does pop get the most experimental track? what the fuck? none of these make any sense

Archived