IGNORED

garbage coral reef sculpture / hallucinojenny

Ragnar

ye gods man how much time do you spend coming up with titles for these things

i've at times had mixed opinions on your typical choice of sound palette. It's very simple (are you still using the blok + drum machine combo?), and I think that's what causes a lot of people not to get it. "Eww, so dry, so many weird chords".

But that's just it! The limited colour scheme causes one to become more adventurous with their application. The trick to vibin to a ragnar track, in my opinion, is to not go in with preconceived notions of melody or rhythm. To do so would be ocean madness. Instead treat the chords and snare scratches as pure sound sculpture, with just the slightest hint of tropic reference. Ici par examps, monsieur raganoff created a clear image of trash based reefery, with the three-part slam chords acting as long angular tendrils, and the hi hat blips creating little scrapes of glittering metallic decoration. Echoing drums being the long-established codifier for underwater action. And it solos at the end for a single refrain, as if to draw attention to the very idea of split-purpose songs, and the concept of tones being laden with meaning

kid could do a million trax like this. He's the closest thing i've heard on watmm to true outsider music

Heh, are you writing his soundcloud bio?

It's true though, I don't know what to think about your music, and I have no clue how I could feedback it when I have nothing to compare it to. I guess at times it reminds me of Ventolin, except more dissonant. I am curious about how'd you approach normal music though.

Heh, are you writing his soundcloud bio?

It's true though, I don't know what to think about your music, and I have no clue how I could feedback it when I have nothing to compare it to. I guess at times it reminds me of Ventolin, except more dissonant. I am curious about how'd you approach normal music though.

haha, did you check out stromboli further down this board? I'm making a secret LP atm that is supposed to at least be more absurd than anything else I've made. Absurdity is a feeling, right?

ye gods man how much time do you spend coming up with titles for these things

i've at times had mixed opinions on your typical choice of sound palette. It's very simple (are you still using the blok + drum machine combo?), and I think that's what causes a lot of people not to get it. "Eww, so dry, so many weird chords".

But that's just it! The limited colour scheme causes one to become more adventurous with their application. The trick to vibin to a ragnar track, in my opinion, is to not go in with preconceived notions of melody or rhythm. To do so would be ocean madness. Instead treat the chords and snare scratches as pure sound sculpture, with just the slightest hint of tropic reference. Ici par examps, monsieur raganoff created a clear image of trash based reefery, with the three-part slam chords acting as long angular tendrils, and the hi hat blips creating little scrapes of glittering metallic decoration. Echoing drums being the long-established codifier for underwater action. And it solos at the end for a single refrain, as if to draw attention to the very idea of split-purpose songs, and the concept of tones being laden with meaning

kid could do a million trax like this. He's the closest thing i've heard on watmm to true outsider music

A++

I called Ragnar watmm's outsider artist in chat the other day.

I have proudly purchased his music from BandCamp.

Edit: Ragnar, have you considered physical releases? I'd love to own some of this on cassette or wax.

Archived