IGNORED

bands/artists you can't understand how other people could like

LimpyLoo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont like a lot of stuff but i could probably think about it and come up with some idea why/how a group of people do

edit- yeah i agree with NF, vsnares is the only thing i think i could not ever understand why anyone likes that

well.. i guess meth could be one reason

i love VSnares. Do you folks who don't like VSnares not like any (for lack of a better term) extreme breakcore?

He's talented, sure. But I just don't find it enjoyable at all. :cerious:

Do you like any breakcore?

i love VSnares. Do you folks who don't like VSnares not like any (for lack of a better term) extreme breakcore?

No. :emotawesomepm9:

lol

My thing about 'Snares, and this applies to any artist, is his use of vocal samples. Ruins the ambience. Unless you're a true pro with the vocal samples (Steve Reich, Brian Eno, etc.) let the music be the focus, not a sample of someone's grandma reciting the pledge of allegiance

No, breakcore is silly.

Hecker

Merzbow

Dominick Fernow (all projects)

James Blake

Arthur Russell

Scott Walker

Neutral Milk Hotel

Xiu Xiu

Bill Callahan

Russell Haswell

etc.

Kanye, Drake, Pavement, The Hold Steady, Cloud Nothings, Foo Fighters

whoa.

I don't even pretend it makes sense. I love a bunch of their contemporaries, but Pavement kill me.

I loved Pavement in high school, but now I see them as a bunch of painfully-ironic frat boys who are allergic to sincerity.

I think I'll always love Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain though.

dj hardwell and the another 1000 of those "dj"s, it's total fucking shit

michael jackson,- he's got 10 ok songs the rest is cheese shit

snd, what am i missing here? uninteresting plonker shit

+ a million more shit shittedy shits that i soon will reveal in this thread

btw Kayne west is awesome shit, you guys are missing out in my honest shit opinion shit

snd

Stuff on Raster Noton such as snd like Ivan ooze said. I just... life is too short.

Their (snd) appeal is similar to autechre for me, a certain otherworldly beauty to their sound. And the fact that they seem to operate on their own rules, snd being even more hard-lined with regard to a minimal or reduced palette. In both instances (autechre and snd) they really shine when im in a specific mood and generally attentive to the detail in the music.

Fig. A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TLmFfb9JQ

so lush. i listened this piece probably 5 times in a row writing this response and got something different out of it each time.

Don't get me started on Alva Noto, whom i also enjoy :P

snd

Stuff on Raster Noton such as snd like Ivan ooze said. I just... life is too short.

Their (snd) appeal is similar to autechre for me, a certain otherworldly beauty to their sound. And the fact that they seem to operate on their own rules, snd being even more hard-lined with regard to a minimal or reduced palette. In both instances (autechre and snd) they really shine when im in a specific mood and generally attentive to the detail in the music.

Fig. A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_TLmFfb9JQ

so lush. i listened this piece probably 5 times in a row writing this response and got something different out of it each time.

Don't get me started on Alva Noto, whom i also enjoy :P

Wow, that track is lots of fun! Not heard any Mark Fell until now! Thanks!

Archived