IGNORED

Omnipoint

rstark

avatars-000059862167-ypo1la-t500x500.jpg

Since I posted here last I changed my name to Omnipoint

Here's a few tracks I'm most proud of recently

Any feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated. Also very open to sharing knowledge and ideas through PM/IM via skype/fb etc

Was expecting new age stuff based on the pics/name. Glad it's not that! I mean I like 20 minute long collages of druggy pads and verbed african percussion as much as the next guy, but it's always preferable to have my expectations defied

the first track has a nice "fuck u makin trax" vibe to it. You know what I mean? Like, FUCK YOU IMMA USE THIS WELL-KNOWN BREAK & IMMA NOT EVEN HIDE IT. FUCK YOU IMMA PUT THIS BIG NERVOUS BASSLINE ALL OVER EVERYTHING. I love it when techno takes on that punk mentality, but maybe even further than that - trax that end abruptly mid-thought, trax that use badnasty sounds, trax that very knowingly play up musical tropes because they just don't give a riff what the haters think. I dunno where I'm going with this

second one has a bit of Boards of Canada cleaned up with a shave thing going on. Liking the pitch pulls, would enjoy hearing the vocal line explored further

third one is the most unique atmospherically, despite the sounds themselves being quite clean. Little coda at the end got that year 2000 squelch going on

Archived