IGNORED

Having a break

Soloman Tump

Yeah I have to be in a certain mood to listen to ae. I usually have a break from ae in the Summer - and return to them when it starts to get cold around Autumn onwards. Their music is definitely seasonal for me. I know that sounds strange to some, but I just can't bring myself to play something off Exai on a cloudless sunny day.

oh man, I often listen to alot of the their older stuff during summertime: kalpol introl, bike, autriche, montreal, silverside, slip. Envane, and especially CichliSuite is very spring/summery.

also, jatavee C/T ess xi on a sunny day!

Yeah, Chiastic Slide is really summery for me too. It feels like a lazy summer day when you have nothing in particular to do and you just hang around the town.

all the autechre shits are just variations of cavity job. incunabula was like miss -or-miss and it was a miss. they should have stopped there ...if they were smart!

• 4 months later...

Gonna blast through the autechre back catalogue this weekend - an "ae" love-in. Not listened to anything by them since April when I made this thread.

Its gonna be like meeting up with an old friend and having a few beers.

Apart from with music and on my own.

Archived