IGNORED

Moyes sacked

Guest Ron Manager

Guest Ron Manager

_74363395_moyes_grimreaper.jpg

So it's finally happened... justified? Ridiculous?

I don't quite know what to think. On the one hand they sort of had to, given how bad Man Utd have been this year. On the other, I don't think he's genuinely that bad of a manager, but he was just totally out of his depth in this job. Transfer activity and media relations were utterly bizarre. He doesn't seem to have had player support. If I was a United fan I'd probably be pleased that he's gone.

When Ferguson left I put money on Giggs succeeding. Wonder if I should place that bet again?

I think he could've done the job, Juan Mata wasn't going to solve all of his problems this season, however, Fellaini has been a disaster for the club. He couldn't get a game for Everton right now, let alone Man U.

Ferguson must feel like a right fool, though. Or maybe Ferguson put this whole thing into motion after the Everton result.

Ferguson must feel like a right fool, though. Or maybe Ferguson put this whole thing into motion after the Everton result.

News are suggesting that the decision was already made in February, the delay was in place only because of contract clauses, officially losing CL participation makes the amount of compensation five times less (equal to one year wage instead of full time six years).

I think it's wrong, you either follow Ferguson's idea in full or not at all. If you aren't ready to wait in a bad scenario, then no six year contract fools. Reminds me of Abramovich's politics. That was basically a hypocrisy in order to fulfill Ferguson's last wish.

Delighted to see Giggs as manager, though again - short term is not a proper way to do it.

Moyes was probably always going to be sacrificial, almost any manager who came after SAF was doomed by the inevitable comparison.

Fellaini was a dreadful signing, never understood what the fuck Moyes saw in him in the first place. He looked alright at Everton, but that's only cause everton are mediocre to begin with. Look at how much better Everton is doing without Fellationi (and Moyes).

Moyes was absolute shit - this United side has bags of talent (barring a great CM), and is probably better than last season's side with the addition of Mata. He's just as rigid as FErgie was in his tactics, but doesn't have the same man-mangement skills of Fergie.

Giggs will be fine as the interim manager until the end of the season, I wouldn't count on him being there next season. Maybe Solskjaer! I'd take Hiddink in a heartbeat, I think his contract with that russian side is up.

Seems very short-sighted in a way. SAF left Moyes with a squad needing a major overhaul in certain areas, kinda made the job for Moyes an uphill struggle from the get go. Man Utd are one of, if not the biggest club in the world however, given Moyes' credentials, it's tough to bring in players with him at the helm.

What happened to the "give him time" nonsense? the transition in building a team suited to Moyes' ideal brand of football was going to be a long term thing, the rough with the smooth to begin with and eventually, maybe, a successful route to glory again.

Lots of questions to be asked and I really didn't think a club like Man Utd would follow the modern trend of acquiring X manager and then punting them off a short while down the line.

Christ we gave him almost an entire season - maybe not as much as would have been given in years past, but football has changed. Why would you expect us to keep him? Our football didn't improve at all, and he hardly made any serious effort to improve the side with signings.

This is a side that won the premiership last year for fuck's sake. Moyes has won sweet fuck all in his career, how the fuck are players supposed to respect him? Plus with the history with Rooney...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hey Manchester United, I'm available</p>— Alan Curbishley (@AlansAvailable) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlansAvailable/statuses/458516141431074816">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Giggs will be fine as the interim manager until the end of the season, I wouldn't count on him being there next season. Maybe Solskjaer! I'd take Hiddink in a heartbeat, I think his contract with that russian side is up.

Hiddink already signed to coach Netherlands after WC 2014 and then retire after Euro 2016 to free the job for his assistant Danny Blind and take a place in KNVB (Dutch FA).

Now, van Gaal is gonna be without work after WC and not for long.

Get AVB on the line

Just took Zenit, won 5 games straight on the road to championship.

Ah didn't know that Hiddink had re-signed with Netherlands.

Well Van Gaal would be the firm hand needed to whip the players into submission lol.

We're also linked with Simeone, who I wouldn't mind seeing - it would be interesting to see his tactics put in place, it might need too much of a rehaul of the team, or at least signing a real CM or two.

Ah didn't know that Hiddink had re-signed with Netherlands.

Well Van Gaal would be the firm hand needed to whip the players into submission lol.

We're also linked with Simeone, who I wouldn't mind seeing - it would be interesting to see his tactics put in place, it might need too much of a rehaul of the team, or at least signing a real CM or two.

I just can't see Simeone leaving, Atletico are a much better team than Man U right now, and they are in contention for both La Liga and the Champions League. Why leave after something like that? Unless, he feels he's done all he can for Atletico by the end of this season.

Guest Ron Manager

Simeone doesn't speak English (like, less than Mancini... he's at Pochettino level). I think United will avoid him for that reason.

Archived