IGNORED

Emergency Ableton/Push question

mcbpete

Going to be doing a live set in a couple of days with my band mate (i.e. on Thursday), and it's the first time we've ever performed with Push in the mix.

During rehearsals we've kind of hit a problem which we didn't notice when working individually - Whenever he clicks on a track heading to tweak parameters, volume levels etc. it'll lose focus of the track I was using on my Push.

I thought I'd cracked it by turning off 'Select on launch', in the preferences - which does allow me to keep using my Midi track on the push as he clicks other clips, so it's nearly there.

Basically I've got three VSTis (a piano, strings and glitchy-synth) that I want to be able to play on my Push as he happily clicks on other tracks without it losing focus on the Push.

I even tried purchasing PXT as I knew it added extra Push functionality (which it does and is great!) but alas not this function.

Even if there is no 'fix' - is there at least a work around to lock Push into a certain track ?

I know this isn't what you're asking but another solution might be getting selected track control: http://stc.wiffbi.com/

allowing you to refocus on the track you want to control using your Push...

Don't think there's a way to 'lock' push into a track.

Maybe put Push and the track you want to control on a different midi channel than all other things in the session?

Aye - he's on the laptop and I'm on the push connected to that laptop. Since I posted we're using a workaround of him being on a second laptop sync'd to mine via midi over lan

Archived