IGNORED

Clipper is a triumph

dr lopez

Threw this on the headphones - hadn't heard it in a while. wow 95!! sounds inhumanly clean and precise. The filter sweeps on that fat synth line get me every time. Much appreciate the slight little moments when the perfect percussion machine slips up and a click or cut breaks from the pattern. Shows what incredible care these two take and the 808(ish) cowbells at the end always crack me up.

This is ae at the top of their game for me - we all love the digi-insanity but this one seems to be the end of the early era but it's still powerful and complex.

lush

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clipper is one of my favorite tracks from the album. The glitchy drums contrasted with the lush pads are :music:

"Much appreciate the slight little moments when the perfect percussion machine slips up and a click or cut breaks from the pattern."

yes these always stand out to me, i love them

TRI REPETAAAAEEEEE

One of the few moments of IDM history I was present for. :cool:

Re: Clipper, I always think it's a great example of how music can be awesome and cheesy at the same time.

Edit: If anyone's interested in the story behind TRI REPETAEEEEE, the original story w/ sound clips is here.

The old photoshop someone did of the spatan dude's head screaming "THIS IS AUTECHRE!!!" is missing though. Does anyone still have it?

Amazing track until those keyboard stabs, then it's time to skip.

This is like ordering an Irish car bomb at a bar in Ireland. Epic faux pas, bro. Forreal son

That Tri Repetae guy makes for a hilarious sample; he's so passionate!!!

I recorded the set in Vancouver for the Quaristice tour and during that same breakdown around 23 minutes in where 'TRI REPETAEEEEEEE' happened in Toronto, Autechre's Sound Engineer came over to me and attempted to sabotage my recording. What he ended up doing was making it 10 X better! I've uploaded it here for you all to listen to :)

Autechre - Live In Vancouver April 8th, 2008.wav

Sorry guys, but you have this great beat/scratching, and then the big wooden drum which is awesome, then it gets even more amazing with dat bass, wauw.

It's amazing for a few minutes then these horrible keyboard stabs that don't fit and sound old and horrible come in and kill the mood

Amazing track first 10 seconds, then a bit suspicious for another 15, and then those shitty FX driven rhythmic layers come and outdated crap happens. Neat composition for a dubstep tune or something. Early ae is so by numbers i can only sympathise

Sorry guys, but you have this great beat/scratching, and then the big wooden drum which is awesome, then it gets even more amazing with dat bass, wauw.

It's amazing for a few minutes then these horrible keyboard stabs that don't fit and sound old and horrible come in and kill the mood

I think those stabs are a pretty crucial part of the track, really. The way they interact with the delay is amazing.

Archived