IGNORED

To Rococo Rot - Instrument

Redruth

n9McuUq.jpg

"Brothers Robert and Ronald Lippok and Stefan Schneider are joined by No Wave pioneer Arto Lindsay on three of the tracks. “We wanted to make clear that something is different,” said Robert Lippok. “I think maybe we’ve come in a way back to where we started. We’ve been through a lot of experimenting, buying new gear, trying this and that with electronic and non-electronic stuff.”

city slang http://www.cityslang.com/news/73140/stream-new-track-many-descriptions/

I'm not sure their style of simple lines being repeated works well with vocals without turning into a polite backdrop (I thought Arto Lindsay was going to be playing guitar!)

The instrumental itself sounds like TRR alright. Maybe a bit closer to Kreidler.

Anyway, Speculation was great and TRR usually delivers, so I'm looking forward to this.

I'm not sure their style of simple lines being repeated works well with vocals without turning into a polite backdrop (I thought Arto Lindsay was going to be playing guitar!)

The instrumental itself sounds like TRR alright. Maybe a bit closer to Kreidler.

Anyway, Speculation was great and TRR usually delivers, so I'm looking forward to this.

arto lindsay involved in the musics more plees. i will always love his musics. this pretty ugly thingy he did with peter scherer is top work, 1988, just listen; you won't regret it, it is other worldly..

[youtubehd]30kVs0_DmlE[/youtubehd]

Guest bitroast

i ain't never even heard of this group, to be honest.

listened to this track, thinking it was a debut album or something. i found myself thinking "this sounds like something i could make" to "if i made this, i would be proud of it and probably listen to it myself" to "i would listen to this". and then i realised i liked what i was listening to.

and now i'm posting here.

what's a good place to start? this new album?? another album?? i'm interested!!

listened to this track, thinking it was a debut album or something. i found myself thinking "this sounds like something i could make" to "if i made this, i would be proud of it and probably listen to it myself" to "i would listen to this". and then i realised i liked what i was listening to.

i'd start with .cd although velculo is very good:

[youtubehd]CckrTDFCM60[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]8PAqODkSMJI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]CdK5Q7hn39E[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]EAZWpqf7EkY[/youtubehd]

http://www.discogs.com/artist/435-To-Rococo-Rot

arto lindsay involved in the musics more plees. i will always love his musics. this pretty ugly thingy he did with peter scherer is top work, 1988, just listen; you won't regret it, it is other worldly..

[youtubehd]30kVs0_DmlE[/youtubehd]

Couple of ok things on there, don't know about otherworldly though. Then again, you are free to call it whatever you want mate. [-; hehe.

The Amateur View is definitely my favourite too. Other than that, I liked Hotel Morgen a lot, but any album should be a good starting point.

Oh, and give ABC123 a listen too! It's not their best but I think it's often overlooked, maybe because it's a short EP...

I have to agree with JR, The Amateur View is definitely my favourite too.

without a doubt; the amateur view is very very good - i don't know if i would start there though? i guess it really doesn't matter as long as u start at the early (ish) end of the catalogue.

I must check out the amateur view.

Velculo or is it veiculo ... Is my favorite. Start to finish excellent music for doing homework or programming. I would say its probably the best album for walking to class or doing computer stuff ever made.

Archived