IGNORED

Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Liking the title track:

(apart from the overused vocal sample - once is enough!).

like the flute/piano loops

Didnt hear Dr Dee but I'm a big blur fan from way back

One of my favorite tracks from the album :

It's overall pretty great, though a bit too down-tempo for me. But the song writing is wonderful.

Oh and you can listen to the album on iTunes or Deezer via streaming !

• 4 weeks later...

liking this record 5 listens in. it is a bit miserable without much of the upbeat funny that he also does. mr tembo is light relief but i usually skip as it doesn't fit with the rest.

i also am beginning to hate the same in the title track, and they use it twice. ugh. however i love the "photographs you are taking now" sample so not sure why the other annoys me so much

liking this record 5 listens in. it is a bit miserable without much of the upbeat funny that he also does. mr tembo is light relief but i usually skip as it doesn't fit with the rest.

i also am beginning to hate the same in the title track, and they use it twice. ugh. however i love the "photographs you are taking now" sample so not sure why the other annoys me so much

i absolutely love 'you & me'. very blur-esque

Guest bitroast

I mostly like this but .. The production drives me a bit bonkers. The looped "uh"s. The vocal samples. The way vocals will be multilayered. The production is just really sloppy and I wish it was overlooked by some one else.

I mostly like this but .. The production drives me a bit bonkers. The looped "uh"s. The vocal samples. The way vocals will be multilayered. The production is just really sloppy and I wish it was overlooked by some one else.

someone other than albarn? because he didn't produce this one himself

• 2 months later...

What's this business about "digging out a hole in Westborne Grove" ?

and who are Moco Jembe and Elsie D?

These are just some of the questions that arise whilst listening this album.

Very good album btw.

What's this business about "digging out a hole in Westborne Grove" ?

and who are Moco Jembe and Elsie D?

These are just some of the questions that arise whilst listening this album.

Very good album btw.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dig_out_of_a_hole

http://www.westbourne-grove.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moko_jumbie

Elsie D = LCD

I saw Albarn live a month ago and it was amazing.

There wasn't the vocal samples, multilayered voices and production effects that bitroast complained about, but newer, fresher arrangements, it was overall more "punchy" - the simple fact of having an acoustic drum playing instead of the creepy beats of the album was enough to make it real.

So yeah, it's not the album of the year but it's really marvelous :wub:

Guest bitroast

I saw Albarn live a month ago and it was amazing.

There wasn't the vocal samples, multilayered voices and production effects that bitroast complained about, but newer, fresher arrangements, it was overall more "punchy" - the simple fact of having an acoustic drum playing instead of the creepy beats of the album was enough to make it real.

So yeah, it's not the album of the year but it's really marvelous :wub:

Yesss. I have tickets to see him december and i am super excited. Cannot wait really^^

Had tickets to see blur at big day out festival this year and they pulled out a month before the show>:( I actually think seeing a more intimate show with damon albarn doing exactly what hes wanting to do juuust may make up for it :)

Archived