IGNORED

RIP DJ Rashad

Npoess

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably drug overdose. Really shitty news. Last words in the most recent Pitchfork review hurt:

"For Rashad, it's a defining statement 20-plus-years in the making, a brilliant document that puts him in the position any veteran would kill to occupy: instead of looking back at the past, now it's all about where he takes his sound next."

I guess he really didn't give a fuck.

Probably drug overdose. Really shitty news. Last words in the most recent Pitchfork review hurt:

"For Rashad, it's a defining statement 20-plus-years in the making, a brilliant document that puts him in the position any veteran would kill to occupy: instead of looking back at the past, now it's all about where he takes his sound next."

I guess he really didn't give a fuck.

You were right it seems: http://www.factmag.com/2014/04/27/dj-rashad-has-reportedly-died/ (updated)

This made me really sad. I don´t usually get this sad when people i haven´t met pass away.

RIP! (and thanks for your great music)

Guest jasondonervan

Can't say I was a massive fan, but Double Cup had some nice production going on, enjoyed listening to it in short bursts. Rashad definitely had marked talent over many of the other footwork producers out there, it's a real shame that potential is now lost. 35 is no age to die either.

RIP

This is awful news. RIP.

My heart goes out to those close to him, but this also feels like a huge loss to music to me. He had a lot of good music published during his life, but I had a feeling that it was all building up to something big, and if anything gets released posthumously, chances are it would be unfinished and out of his creative control. and having his voice missing from the current music scene feels like it'll be a big gap.

I guess that's how it goes.

Pretty torn up about this - silly, but it feels like I lost someone I actually knew. Sad part is he was just getting started. His music meant a lot to me, my friends, and many other people around the world. Gonna put on a bunch of his stuff today and celebrate his genius.

Archived