IGNORED

RIP DJ Rashad

Npoess

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn't WATMM do a DJ Rashad RIP tribute album?

Would love to have an excuse to delve deep into a footwork style.

Sad to hear he's died btw. As far a juke is concerned I've yet to hear anything that surpasses RP Boo 'Legacy' for me but I like the Rashad tracks posted around recently so I should give his work a listen for sure.

Why doesn't WATMM do a DJ Rashad RIP tribute album?

Would love to have an excuse to delve deep into a footwork style.

Sad to hear he's died btw. As far a juke is concerned I've yet to hear anything that surpasses RP Boo 'Legacy' for me but I like the Rashad tracks posted around recently so I should give his work a listen for sure.

There are some gems on the Bangs and Works compilations. This is one of my favs:

Kinda funny that WATMM hesitated on the tribute front based on "too soon" concerns and Boiler Room just decided to Leeroy Jenkins it.

Supposedly those people were good friends with him so not so much of a grab there.

Guest jasondonervan

Kinda funny that WATMM hesitated on the tribute front based on "too soon" concerns and Boiler Room just decided to Leeroy Jenkins it.

Supposedly those people were good friends with him so not so much of a grab there.

Yeah, Teklife crew are quite close with the Boiler Room lot, so it's kinda justified they did it so soon... just remembering a friend through his music.

Just read he left behind a 9 year old son... very sad.

ouch

wow that is sad, if you do so much drugs and you have a 9year old kid you'r a dick though imo

Yeah, Teklife crew are quite close with the Boiler Room lot, so it's kinda justified they did it so soon... just remembering a friend through his music.

Well we should juke onward with a tribute then, no? I bet WATMM could come up with some good stuff.

I'd like to. Shall we make a thread in EKT?

My suggestions =>

- deadline a couple months out

- keep it classy? I know it's fun to juke everything under the sun, but the goal of THIS comp would be to pay tribute to the man

- hmm, I had some other thoughts but I'm blanking on them now.

• 1 month later...

Anybody here 30 and above should start taking a low dose (80 mg.) aspirin unless otherwise contraindicated (gut problems, history of GI bleed, alcoholism, clotting disorder, etc.)

Or you could take vitamin E and fish oil and exercise regularly while also enjoying a drink from time to time.

• 4 months later...

Archived