IGNORED

Jonas Tracks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crowndicey

Pretty cool. Those vocal samples are out of control. Nice rhythms. Definitely would have to be in a very particular mood to throw this on though.

I think what you were doing from 03:56 to 04:04 could have been the basis for the whole song, built on that. I'd like the hear that song.

You know how I roll delet, from the ex to the next, won't revisit :). . you may have the stems to remix though?

Tapping into breakbeat rave vibes;

Clearly brilliantly made, flawless in every way - sonically inventive, intricate drumming, diverse layers - I have one minor problem with it that is probably more my own taste - I love when the happy broken tune comes in about 2/3 though, but apart from that the melancholy emotion feels too resolved for me, how can I explain? I don't think simple sadness captures the real feeling it portrays - only some kind of humour or surrealism can do it because when you really feel hopeless, it's desperately meaningless and agitating

Sorry for the pretentious rambling - this music is 100x better than anything I can make

• 1 month later...
Guest skibby

Oy, put up a bunch of these + moar in a free/pay as you please bandcamp release;

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2411225939/size=medium/

This kind of shit;

https://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/170-bpm-jonas-the-plugexpert-ssgn

really fun to listen to. have you written any books on the subject of composing and mixing itb? because i have that many questions.

have you written any books on the subject of composing and mixing itb? because i have that many questions.

lol, not yet..a start ;-) ;

I do everything in Renoise, don't use external (midi)gear, strictly sample based, always make sure my samples are cleaned (unnecessary freq's removed) beforehand and given their own space spatially (different panning positions). I think mixing starts with the choice of sounds, using common sense not to stack sounds with similar frequency characteristics on top of each other, muddying the output. Of course depends on what sound you're going for... ideally you get a nice pair of headphones (combined with monitor set-up) that can reproduce all frequencies so you can hear what's up -> don't have to resort to fft analyzers to see if a snare or hi-hat sample has sub freqs in it.

Lately I'm also playing around with dynamics more, gradually automating volume so certain sounds get more focus, others less. Personally I like if complete mixes still have room for dynamics left, shit is not looking squashed in soundcloud like one big block of a turd.

Listening through the tracks while I'm playing some games. I really like your breakbeats! IT's very unique stuff I haven't really heard before in a way I can't describe. It's also crazy that you've been in the game since '93. I'd like to hear stuff you did in the 90s if you wouldn't mind? xD

Archived