IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

Guest Individ

Guest Individ

Just finished listening to Reachy Prints through my monitors, and then some select tracks on headphones, and I must say...bravo Plaid.

I am most impressed overall with amount of apparent effort and detail put into this album overall, with of course some tracks stronger than others...

most notable is the opening track OH, which is arguably one of the best tracks ever produced! I'm IN LOVE. Hats off to Ed and Andy.

I will need to give it a few more listens to form a more solid opinion, bit so far here are my lists:

Favs:

OH

Hawkmoth

Nafovanny

Wallet

Matin Lunaire (the second half)

Tether

Weakest:

Liverpool St

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. It might be their best right now. Great work. And OH is for me too one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever, though a bit short for what it is!

Just got the vinyl today and have listened to the download since yesterday, so far completely sold.

So far i absolutely love pretty much everything... Hawkmoth, OH, Tether, Matin Lunaire, Wallet, Roben and favourite so far is Nafovanny. Not too hooked on Liverpool St yet but it will come i think. :-) Only miss for me is Slam but let's see what happens with some more time.

I love this album. I appreciate a short work with little filler, but I like it so much I would have liked it a little longer.

The only slight 'misses' for me are 'Slam' and 'Matin Lunaire'. They just don't seem be on the same level of the others, and while listening to them I can't find much to get excited about in them. I know some love those tracks here, so I'd like to hear why so I can appreciate them more too...skipping them quite a bit atm.

'Roben' is absolutely amazing. It's a bit of a secret weapon. So dark and slick but magical too.

Well I've been listening to Afx/BoC/Ae and Squarepusher for over a decade now, but could never get into Plaid. I've listened to them many many times trying to but failing to get the Plaid hook in me.

This album is so delightful, beautiful, and wonderfully mesmerizing. I played it three times in a row this morning. I just love it!!!

So far, think it's staggeringly beautiful, and the fact that it's so short makes me want to keep playing it. I'm just worried I'm gonna wear its greatness away if I keep playing it too much. I really liked Scintilli, which has also really held up for me since it came out, so not sure whether this is 'better' or not, but it's got a great vibe, and very summery too. My minor gripe is that Liverpool St is not a great album closer. It just seems to bring the album to an abrupt end, and makes me feel that it could have done with another track.

Not getting the Liverpool St negativity at all, been in love with that track for some time now (since they used it to close the mix of unreleased tracks they did for that midnight snacks podcast).

Guest kinari

I think, Reachy Prints might be their best work to date. It's almost flawless from beginning to end and imo it's major strength is the consistency and the flow of the tracks. Where Scintilli was somewhat all over the place, Reachy Prints feels almost seamless. OH is otherworldly beautiful. And Ropen offers a lot to discover for many listens to go.

I'm usually a Double Figure kind of guy, but I hesitate to compare RP to DF. They're both my favs in their own respective way.

Only real criticism is that RP doesn't really push the envelope in any way. It's more on the pleasant and safe side. BoC on the other side managed to sound really new and innovative, yet familiar to me with every release (e.g. Jacquard Causeway).

No real standout (read truely innovative) track on RP. But I'd still give it the highest rating, because it's just perfectly executed.

Well I've been listening to Afx/BoC/Ae and Squarepusher for over a decade now, but could never get into Plaid. I've listened to them many many times trying to but failing to get the Plaid hook in me.

This album is so delightful, beautiful, and wonderfully mesmerizing. I played it three times in a row this morning. I just love it!!!

Came here just to type exactly this.

I think it's an exceptional album. No hype and no fillers (last year - TH).

Very pleasantly surprised to see them come up with something like this so far into their career.

Amazing.

Guest englishbob

For those who have the vinyl, have you got a decent pressing?

I got mine from Amazon, it was fucking terrible. The A side what shaped like a fruit bowl. It was so misshaped that the vinyl started to bang on the underside of the cartridge. Did the old replacement thing with them.

Just got the replacement 2nd copy and ITS EXACTLY the same! Terrible, terrible quality control going on here.

I am almost at the point of giving up with this album.

Very consistent, very good and beautiful. Not pushing borders, but hey maybe that's ae's job. Instant favourite is Ropen, but that may change. Liverpool St is nice, no problem for me here.

I got mine from Amazon, it was fucking terrible. The A side what shaped like a fruit bowl. It was so misshaped that the vinyl started to bang on the underside of the cartridge. Did the old replacement thing with them.

Just got the replacement 2nd copy and ITS EXACTLY the same! Terrible, terrible quality control going on here.

Got mine from amazon uk today. No problems here...vinyl is flat and plays fine.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Got mine from amazon uk today. No problems here...vinyl is flat and plays fine.

Mine from Bleep, pressing is very decent, sound great

Guest englishbob

Well, got a refund from Amazon and went with Bleep, hopefully better luck that this crap...

post-16912-0-37572200-1400747815_thumb.jpg

It's almost too good. I mean, too immediate, perhaps? I worry that I'll totally burn it out like I do with Autechre albums, and not be able to listen to it again for a year (also did that with Scintilli).

Such a good album, I really got into Scintilli and this new one doesn't disappoint. I got the Japanese version and I think the bonus track 'Away' works much better as an album closer compared to liverpool st, in fact, it's staggering to think Away isn't on the standard album!!! Nafovanny is possibly an early favourite, but it changes the more I listen to it.

Bravo Plaid!

Archived