IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

Guest Individ

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed this one and the previous Scintilli, both flow beautifully from start to finish

As for Spokes I didn't like it too much when it was new, but I never really gave it a chance either. Must give it another listen

Guest Chesney

Do it! It's by no means instant, The melodies are long and sprawling with seemingly no structure or reason but once they lock and you hear the detail, minds be blown.

It's a hidden gem. Plaid's Drugks if only people would give it the time of the day.

Guest bitroast

Do it! It's by no means instant, The melodies are long and sprawling with seemingly no structure or reason but once they lock and you hear the detail, minds be blown.

It's a hidden gem. Plaid's Drugks if only people would give it the time of the day.

every track on spokes is so melodic and beautiful as well.

I had a few tracks stand out as favourites but over time the songs start to "lock" and it gets harder to pick favourites.

agreed!! good album!! reachy prints is also a v v v good album!!

Guest Chesney

The thing is with Plaid, albums and Spokes etc...

Every album has amazing tracks on them and some good and some skippers maybe (mentioned above, Double Figures first three are sensational, add in New family for me) but they all feel like electronic music, I mean, you can hear the workings out, the structure, their processes, the way the song is built with specific loops, melodies, sounds etc. It's all there as music. Spokes is totally different (to me at least anyway). Sure, you can deal with all that stuff above if you want to listen like that later on and spoil it, but this album just exists. It has not been made, it just is. It's a soundtrack to something we do not know. It's not of this earth. The closest thing I can attach to it is the suspense and visual bleakness and technology of something like the ealier alien films or if you were on a planet where Giger's creations were real but rather than just seeing the dark creepiness (and cocks in arses) you see the life, struggles, highs, lows and beauty of this race.

You cannot hear the musical processes (of course you can if you break it down, but it is wrong to do so) everything evolves perfectly as though nature, evolution made it so. It's not our nature, it's a nature we cannot comprehend. Nothing repeats, no loops no motif's just an ever changing theme which has no form we can cling to and expect to hear the same again.

It's literally the most other worldy electronic album ever, regardless of all the originators basing their sound on exactly what I have tried to convey. They all got there in a conceivable, science fiction way but until spokes no one transcended the sound into actual orbit and beyond. In fact it didn't transcend, it came in a transmission from somewhere far away and it's a mystery to what it is or how it came to be.

There are other electronic albums that feel as organic but none that do what Spokes does. Aphex is big in here obviously, but even he has not done this with an album. He hits on totally different things and so do a lot of other artists, they all hit on something different, and all are valid. I cannot think of another album that transports me to places that make me so anxious as Spokes does.

Easily in my top 5 albums of all time and that's really something coming from someone who loves all styles of music.

Enough of my stupid opinion and ramblings.

Guest Chesney

yep but a post for plaid is valuable anywhere. and relevant if it gets people listening.

But for you: Reachy prints is fantastic in the same vein as all Plaid albums are fantastic. Truely top notch electronic music but it does not go past electronic music like spokes.

*Broken record* sorry.

Spokes is superb in terms of how cohesive it all is and how it all revolves around a more organic concept, but Double Figure speaks to me more especially when i'm in the mood for shorter and more energetic tracks, I think that's where their strength is.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they do more tracks like Slam. In fact, I'd love for them to do an album of longer pieces, in the vein of the slow exploration that Slam presents.

We'll have to wait a few more years to hear a new album, of course. Until the Urbance soundtrack comes out, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest transmisiones ferox

yeah, Nafovanny is amazing,

I love the live version from dekmantel festival, the last track

it's so good, it shadow the album to me

Liverpool Street is the only track on RP that i skip. it's like Squance on DP. both albums are perfect to me, except for these 2 :/

woah I didn't think it was possible for anyone to not like Squance!

Archived