IGNORED

Call for tracks!

ascdi

Greetings watmm. This is Peter the ASCDI communicating to you via the Internet. Perhaps you know me. I am famous on the world wide web for music. Wow, that was fun. That one time.

Listen up: those of us in the shadowy, mysterious, and exclusive collective known as TEFOSAV are putting together a new compilation for which we are soliciting contributions from the community.

Yes, you are part of a community. No, it is too late to back out now.

HERE ARE SOME FACTS ABOUT THIS COMPILATION, TO WHICH YOU SHOULD SUBMIT:

For our next project, we’re looking for submissions where field recordings play a significant (or even only) role in the sound of the submitted track.

As this is a summer (in the Northern Hemisphere) release we're trying to keep the overall compilation sounding pleasant and not excessively abrasive, but we may be able to separate into more angry winter tracks for our wintery Southern Hemisphere friends if we get enough tracks overall.
We're looking to keep tracks between two to ten minutes, and we’re allowing multiple submissions per person.

Guys, I gotta be honest. I am the one is charge of this compilation on behalf of the group. If this doesn’t go well I… I just dunno what I’m gonna do. I mean does life have any meaning? When even field recordings can’t make a man smile? Sweet, pure field recordings of babies riding go-karts or horse karaoke by the light of a setting sun, etc? I dunno, watmm. I just… don’t… know.

HERE ARE SOME MORE FACTS YOU PROBABLY SHOULD READ:

1. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JULY 1ST. MY TIME (AMERICA TIME [THE BEST TIME IN THE WORLD {USA! USA!} ] )

2. I am in charge of picking the tracks. I will probably pick all of them, because I am not good at confrontation, so make sure they are good.

3. TEFOSAV is pretty prestigious, so you will get a TON of exposure with this release. Seriously. I heard Nick even posted on Ribbit once. That’s that site where there are discussions, right? Ribbit? I heard they jocked us pretty hard. That’s when someone really likes your stuff, right? Jocking hard?

4. Seriously, one time we did a compilation about pumpkins which was named The Best Holiday Pumpkin Techno Album of 2013 by Oprah’s “O” Magazine. Oprah herself called me up and was like, yo Peter that song where you sang in the middle of the spooky woods is HOT SHIT and I was like oh shit Oprah you’re so sweet and etc.

TO SUBMIT TO THE COMPILATION HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:

1. If you are NOT AN INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLE you can join the tefosav.com fora (that’s right, fora) and post a statement notifying us of your interest. We’ll also need to see a little identification, please.

Just kidding! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!

2. If you are SLIGHTLY MORE INCONSIDERATE you may PM me here on this forum, at which point I will add you to the list, and then berate you very slightly for not following item #1 above.

3. If you are SIGNIFICANTLY YET MORE INCONSIDERATE you may email me at pete DOT ascdi AT SYMBOL google mail DOT company which is my email address set aside specifically for assholes

Anyway, field recordings! LQQK WQW what fun! Get off your asses and do this! YEAH! DO SOME SHIT!! RECORD A GOAT!!!

Love,

Peter

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent marketing!

Question on field recordings - manipulated field recordings or just straight up field recordings (setup mics > record > smile)?

We’ve discussed this somewhat extensively. Pure field recordings are fine if they are interesting. Manipulated field recordings are fine.

A more traditional “track” is also fine if it involves field recording in a somewhat significant way. Basically, we’re being pretty loose with the guideline.

i'm in! will send something soon. chances are if field recordings are involved it could lean towards the hip hop side but i doubt you give a fuck, right?

You had me at "subtly hinting I officially remixed The Dismemberment Plan" ---- shall submit, I've only just recently gotten into field recordings, so this should be fun. Lil' worried about upholding summer vibes tho... hopefully us frosty folks submit enough.

You had me at "subtly hinting I officially remixed The Dismemberment Plan" ---- shall submit, I've only just recently gotten into field recordings, so this should be fun. Lil' worried about upholding summer vibes tho... hopefully us frosty folks submit enough.

yeah I ain't submitting anything all sweet and bird tweety/tree rustly. It's gonna be layered construction sites and industrial machinery for me.

Alright, I'll save your ass from embarrassment.

Braintree! Yesssssssssssssss!!

lol

Jonas GET BACK TO WORK

i like acronyms, will put field mike on the list...

What does this mean WHO CARES AWESOME!!!

chances are if field recordings are involved it could lean towards the hip hop side

This sentence seems to make no sense to me but YEAH MAN GO FOR IT! YOU DO YOU!!!

WAHOOO!!

Alright, I'll save your ass from embarrassment.

Braintree! Yesssssssssssssss!!

lol

Jonas GET BACK TO WORK

i like acronyms, will put field mike on the list...

What does this mean WHO CARES AWESOME!!!

chances are if field recordings are involved it could lean towards the hip hop side

This sentence seems to make no sense to me but YEAH MAN GO FOR IT! YOU DO YOU!!!

WAHOOO!!

referring to my submission not the overall compilation ;pp

Reminder: SUBMIT TO THIS

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MIND

I have started work on my track. It involves the veeeeeery closely-miked sounds of cooking meat

And some soulful piano samples

I'm working on a track for this compilation, thanks for giving us the opportunity! At the beginning I thought I wouldn't do it because I don't use field recordings consequently enough when I make tracks but then I thought it was a silly thing to think. Thanks for making me going out of my little habits. I'm almost done with mine and it has cows in it. Are we allowed to post the tracks online before submiting them? (here or on soundcloud)

Looking forward to hear your works guys!

I'm working on a track for this compilation, thanks for giving us the opportunity! At the beginning I thought I wouldn't do it because I don't use field recordings consequently enough when I make tracks but then I thought it was a silly thing to think. Thanks for making me going out of my little habits. I'm almost done with mine and it has cows in it. Are we allowed to post the tracks online before submiting them? (here or on soundcloud)

Fabulous! I think we would prefer if you keep the track under wraps until the comp drops. Just a preference, so do what you want, but yeah. I think it’d be best if everything on the comp is unheard by the public!

:fear:

Ah this is so weird as I went to an improv night with some amazing feild recodings and thought "you don't get enough electronic music featuring feild recordings". I look forward to hearing this stuff.

Fabulous! I think we would prefer if you keep the track under wraps until the comp drops. Just a preference, so do what you want, but yeah. I think it’d be best if everything on the comp is unheard by the public!

:fear:

alright yeah it was quite obvious no problem I'll keep it ultra-secret! So I'll send it when it's done, hope it'll fit the comp

Archived