IGNORED

Aphex Twin, LSD, THC and psilocybin

MassfreeKid

Anyone had this type of experience?

not personally. I mean I've had similar experiences with ocean waves and looking up at swaying large trees while lying on the ground.

I can't remember the exact Native american tribe, but I know that there were several sacred/holy places in the previously uninhabited United States where the wind would 'talk' or 'sing'. These spots had extremely specific time frames as well, only happened maybe once or twice out of the year.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread! fuck yeah...ok everything i knew bout syro beore was just some pissfaps and shittakes, now zheet got reallz. fuck it's his most acid work i guess, if it makes any sense...uck foking ride this is. beeng so pop oriented yet soooooooooooo psychadelic, takes you so far. enywhere on your emocional specte. makes you laugh and cry and there were some reaaaly wtf scare moments, but then...so m noises and stuff like got full a picture and eevrything is started make sense) hope i helped

fck it's just a perfect album for tripping. couldnt be any happier and counlt been done best

this thread! fuck yeah...ok everything i knew bout syro beore was just some pissfaps and shittakes, now zheet got reallz. fuck it's his most acid work i guess, if it makes any sense...uck foking ride this is. beeng so pop oriented yet soooooooooooo psychadelic, takes you so far. enywhere on your emocional specte. makes you laugh and cry and there were some reaaaly wtf scare moments, but then...so m noises and stuff like got full a picture and eevrything is started make sense) hope i helped

fck it's just a perfect album for tripping. couldnt be any happier and counlt been done best

yeah it really WAS an awesome acid trip. Great visuals (both open and closed eye). Lots of feelings in there, lots of interesting soundscapes....

produk and 4 bit were highlights for me, as was syro and papat...

and the birds of anastasia...so warmph and cozy, like youre drinking coffe in the morning on the backyard of therir house or something after a fockinh night it was...wow i really am ipressed altually. this is someeeee serious trippy music indeed.

AND JAPANSES marchromnts!!!) holy omther of gods

i only now could understand what is she singing in opur russian

and the birds of anastasia...so warmph and cozy, like youre drinking coffe in the morning on the backyard of therir house or something after a fockinh night it was...wow i really am ipressed altually. this is someeeee serious trippy music indeed.

lol funny story about this.....

whole album was awesome, and then we get to the only quiet fucking part of the album (the piano track) and this goddamn dickie dee ice cream man starts doing laps around my block for about 30 minutes with his shitty ice cream truck music going. totally ruined it.

But still a great acidy coincidence.

Guest murphythecat8

yeah it really WAS an awesome acid trip. Great visuals (both open and closed eye). Lots of feelings in there, lots of interesting soundscapes....

produk and 4 bit were highlights for me, as was syro and papat...

and you havent had a sort of miraculous insight telling you:'' you spent too much time on WATMM, its unhealthy.'' ????:P

I know I know, my last mescaline trip was really convincing about me stopping weed. I dont listen to gods it seems :P

This last trip, I listened to a bit of richard d james album. Amazing, until after a while, I got bored. Not enough emotional content. I'm somehow in need of really touching and beautiful music on mescaline or shroom and aphex just doesnt deliver enough. XMAS_EVET had not been released though, only minipops. Minipops on the trip was just unbearable, not good at all :)

No I have not had any miraculous insight telling me I spend too much time on watmm lol.

Half of my job and all of my studies are on the computer so I'm in front of a computer about 17hrs a day. Easy to toggle over to watmm. Not like I'm skipping life to post online, I'm already online for other reasons while I post. lol.

Not done mescaline in a while.... I'd better get on that!

Guest murphythecat8

i only now could understand what is she singing in opur russian

hi

just a recommendation especially if you liked aisatsana on a trip.

Kettel music!!!!!!

Nothing else I can listen anymore, all I need is kettel while tripping.:

sorry folks, back to hallucinations and ahex twin.

No I have not had any miraculous insight telling me I spend too much time on watmm lol.

what?

If so, yes you do need to go back there! WATMM is much more dangerous then you think :P

Mescaline even makes me question the purpose of doing anything really, but meditate. dammit

to those who still; think for some reason that it's casio fz or reset? its both lol.

and now hearing this "FZ..pseudo..." dudes the name makes you so confused. i duunno who you need to be to hear any "eeef or FFF three? its not FZ is what he says nomatter what the track is called, its not fz) it's clearly a reset if you ask me

and fockballs, about many other things i realized about this wonderfull album of his) what lyrics flol everythng is much deeper

• 1 month later...

"I had a trip on a microdot once around 94ish , it went very weird, long story short, I couldn't find anything that was good or worthwhile about music, I put on some of my fave records by other people [i get into this state tripping sometimes, .. what am i supposed to do now? [deprogrammed] its pretty scary..and thought oh maybe i would play... like music.. to enjoy?] I was in quite a desperate/seeking state and they all sounded so bad, the brutal truth, pointless and totally boring, i saw how i kind of invented/made up a fantasy about things i liked, kind of tricking and lying to myself that it was good so i could feel nice&comfy, anyway I thought there must be something good to fucking listen to..."

Aphex Twin

Source: http://noyzelab.blogspot.ca/2014/11/syrobonkers-part1.html

Anyone else also had this experience? You prepare a nice evening, you have a selection of albums to listen to under the influence and then you're out of this world in the psychedelic state, you press play and YAWN, it sounds lifeless, boring, fake ass, emotionless. Everytime this happened to me, I went into serious bad trip mode.

To all those who doubted that psychedelics have had a huge part in Aphex's inner life as an artist, I hope the noyzelab corrected your opinion. :) Get a grip, this guy is a psychedelics-eating hippie raver with the mind of a mad scientist engineer.

Guest transmisiones ferox

lmfao never would think that Aphex Twin would be dropping acid so intnense, but yeah his experience is logical to my ears, you can't do anything bout this shit, this things just happening...

btw i'm still thinking that BOC don't smoke cigarettes...

Yeah Massfreekid, after I got my first job and started getting serious pocket money, I started buying a lot of Warp and IDM-related CD's and I would put them on top of my chimney, I was really proud of them. A few months later, I was smoking weed with a guy I was about to be roommate with, and realized these CD's were status symbols for me and had little intrinsic value for me, it was mostly an intellectual calculation, a way for me to "say" to the world that I was more clever or more "exotic" [i.e. import EP's you couldn't buy at the Carrefour Laval HMV] than my neighbours and colleagues, and that most of this music was actually failing to connect with me or even was rubbing me the wrong way. During that particular trip, I also realized I hated my soon-to-be roommate and that he wasn't a friend at all and that I was wasting my life consuming "culture" that was sapping energy and boring me 85% of the time. Those feeling comes back often, even when I'm sober. I mostly use weed to go deep within myself, I can sometimes have silly thoughts during the buzz, but emotionally it removes rational filters and I can get to my "truthful" core very easily while I feel I'm unable to lie to myself. I'd say all in all these feelings are features and not bugs, it doesn't feel great being alien to most culture around us, but when I look at it objectively as much as I can, I realize that what I'm really missing is the opportunity to connect with other people easily, but connecting with other people people over cultural artifacts is usually a very shallow connection indeed, especially when the artifacts bore me.

By the way, I've been bored by Aphex's music sometimes during trips, but I attribute this usually to overexposure and overplaying. I do come back to it eventually because of its density, but I also realize on some level that my whole aphex obsession / fandom is a huge emotional investment for me, and is a rational construction ( lie?) in my mind, this music is not really any better or any worst than any other authentic artistic expressions (*) , unless I choose to believe so, which I usually do.

(*)that's pretty rare in mainstream medias, so this really is a quality to cherish in itself

lol you don't trip from smoking a joint, some silly toughts and paranoia sure but you absolutly can't compare it 2 a shroom or lsd trip where time freezes and you forget who you are.

never had anything like rdj's trip. once peaking so hard i got the fear and heard the devil in mashed potatoes and frank zappa's my guitar wants 2 kill your mama, realising i don't have anything normal 2 play in my music collection. then i played some outkast and felt alot better :)

"I had a trip on a microdot once around 94ish , it went very weird, long story short, I couldn't find anything that was good or worthwhile about music, I put on some of my fave records by other people [i get into this state tripping sometimes, .. what am i supposed to do now? [deprogrammed] its pretty scary..and thought oh maybe i would play... like music.. to enjoy?] I was in quite a desperate/seeking state and they all sounded so bad, the brutal truth, pointless and totally boring, i saw how i kind of invented/made up a fantasy about things i liked, kind of tricking and lying to myself that it was good so i could feel nice&comfy, anyway I thought there must be something good to fucking listen to..."

Aphex Twin

Source: http://noyzelab.blogspot.ca/2014/11/syrobonkers-part1.html

Anyone else also had this experience? You prepare a nice evening, you have a selection of albums to listen to under the influence and then you're out of this world in the psychedelic state, you press play and YAWN, it sounds lifeless, boring, fake ass, emotionless. Everytime this happened to me, I went into serious bad trip mode.

The longer you experiment I believe the capacity for depth gets larger, and with that comes the possibility of dark chasms of thought. As you learn more about yourself and your true nature the "programming" gets stripped away as RDJ put it. You'll have the capability for having these analytical nightmares, but you need to remind yourself not to forget about love, warmth, and all those wonderful things that really do give this life meaning. The other things are indeed noise and novelty, but they can help to tie all the important things together. My advice for anyone who feels they aren't getting anything out of the music they are listening to is to work hard to create something of their own that they can connect with, and I think at that point you would probably make something very interesting and meaningful.

lol you don't trip from smoking a joint, some silly toughts and paranoia sure but you absolutly can't compare it 2 a shroom or lsd trip where time freezes and you forget who you are.

never had anything like rdj's trip. once peaking so hard i got the fear and heard the devil in mashed potatoes and frank zappa's my guitar wants 2 kill your mama, realising i don't have anything normal 2 play in my music collection. then i played some outkast and felt alot better :)

don't underestimate the power of edible pot

Guest Toastmann

Anyone who has done psychedelics will know its very hard to do anything will under the influence (with the exception of some clear headed psychedelics in low doses)

However, the afterglow they give can be great for inspiration.

don't underestimate the power of edible pot

it's a different drug when you ingest it. The liver converts the tetrahydrocannabinol into 11-Hydroxy-THC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Hydroxy-THC) But yeah, never had it myself. Supposedly, you can trip balls, and you need to be careful eating too much.

Anyone who has done psychedelics will know its very hard to do anything will under the influence (with the exception of some clear headed psychedelics in low doses)

However, the afterglow they give can be great for inspiration.

first times yes. when you do it really rarely its also yes.

but when you do it, like, every week or often basically you get "used to it" and after some time your brain reconstructs and you can act almost like normal (if you havent eated 1000000mkg ofc). EKT was written drunk on acid, not even speaking about typing things or having a conversation. It is possible to do stuff on acid, really. But it's still harder and pretty pointles since you can do it faster while sober.

I've made tunes on mushrooms... they're all crazy ass square synth riffs that just go fucking OFF for about 2 mins... they really sound like you are tripping when you listen to them

to those who still; think for some reason that it's casio fz or reset? its both lol.

and now hearing this "FZ..pseudo..." dudes the name makes you so confused. i duunno who you need to be to hear any "eeef or FFF three? its not FZ is what he says nomatter what the track is called, its not fz) it's clearly a reset if you ask me

and fockballs, about many other things i realized about this wonderfull album of his) what lyrics flol everythng is much deeper

He says "Casio F Zed."

Archived