IGNORED

Aphex Twin, LSD, THC and psilocybin

MassfreeKid

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if he ever gets disgusted by his over analyzing fan base. he's probably scared to take a shower thinking some IDM nerd will be looking up through the drain pipe.

there goes adieu talkin about how great heroin is again... :facepalm: dude that shit devours souls, that's what it does. maybe it feels great but opium caused the downfall of the chinese empire multiple times. there are rooms full of people who get together to support each other to not do that shit again even though when they did it caused them to demolish their lives and relationships, and everyone they used to run with is either dead or in jail. you can find these rooms any night in any city and many towns.

while i'm at it i will say that heroin addicts will do Oxycontin as a substitute

i get more from discomfort. i used to smoke weed all the time for the comfort, but discomfort is the fuel that drives me to make things, solve problems, figure things out, etc. maybe my stupor was a useful cocoon in some way but it was stupid too.

Maybe people need to learn more self control and stop blaming their behavior on an inanimate object. I see it as a failing of the individual. All I said was that aphex was good with heroin btw. I didn't say people should do heroin or that I recommend people do it or that it doesn't have associated risks.

All I know is that my current interest in Aphex Twin was rekindled by snorting heroin and listening to RDJ album. Before that I had forgotten about his music. So, you know for some it devours their soul for others it puts them on positive spiritual paths. Approach it whatever way you like.

But to clarify. I have only used heroin a handful of times and never intravenously and not in a long time.

I too prefer marijuana to almost anything else. But weed does not make me comfortable. Far from it actually. When I smoke weed I almost always suffer immediate depression along with feelings of anxiety along with enhanced abilities to analyze myself. Once this passes I get to a point of intense and deep thought. Many times I solve problems I had forgotten I was even facing or solutions to things I'm immediately struggling with, especially creative ones, come to me easily. I might lay down and just imagine creating something and I'm barraged with different ways to approach it. Other times I'll get lost in creating something. just utterly involved in it. I'll even smoke a little before I exercise because it makes exercise easier, especially yoga. I don't understand you people who just get blitzed on weed and do nothing with it. I don't even like to sit still when I smoke.

You know Ayahuasca shamans require that you state your intention before taking part in a ceremony. Maybe people's problems are that they are not doing the same with their drug use. Having no intention and just mindlessly doing something because it feels good is usually not a recipe for success especially when you do it too often.

there goes adieu talkin about how great heroin is again... :facepalm: dude that shit devours souls, that's what it does. maybe it feels great but opium caused the downfall of the chinese empire multiple times. there are rooms full of people who get together to support each other to not do that shit again even though when they did it caused them to demolish their lives and relationships, and everyone they used to run with is either dead or in jail. you can find these rooms any night in any city and many towns.

while i'm at it i will say that heroin addicts will do Oxycontin as a substitute

1) I don't want to come across like I'm defending heroin (et all), but I'm a strong proponent of freedom to ingest whatever you want, as well as informed consent, and so I'm compelled to step in and try and tease out the different factors here.

2) Very honest, I remember you being confounded when I said drugs should be legal and that drug cartels are bad, as if the two were somehow contradictory. The commerce aspect shouldn't be confused with the use aspect. The downfall of the Chinese empire had nothing to do with the actual effects of the drug (aside from causing it to be desirable, and thus valuable). Violent wars and revolutions have happened over salt. That is not an indictment of salt.

The vast majority of cultural problems like violence and falling empires have to do with commerce side of things. Look at the prohibition if you want to understand what causes what.

3) Opiates have real dangers, and those dangers are to be taken very seriously. Many people die or ruin their life on account of opiates. Many people also die or ruin their life over food, alcohol, and a million other things (many of which have their own support groups).

That is to say, opiates are just another thing on this planet with benefits and risks. It has the potential to do great harm, but please let's not go down the scared straight route here.

Let's get his doctor on the phone. I gotta get to the bottom of this fiasco. Just WHICH DRUGS R HE TAKEN. I GOTTA KNOW SO I CAN TAKE THEM AND BE LIKE THE APHEX TWIN

This was not the idea I wanted to convey. Anyone who has taken these molecules knows how it is potentially life-changing. Vibert seems to be smoking weed at every gig. Take the weed away from him just before a concert and this will completly change his performance. Does this mean that weed is performing music through Vibert? No! But it is definitely part of his secret recipe. Vibert is the only one from that gang who has been very honest about it and on numerous occasions. One example:

"L.V.: Yeah! Oh god yeah! I love pot. It makes me work for 10 hours in a row totally happily on the computer, where as if I didn't have any, after a few hours, I would get pissed off and want to do something else."

Source: http://wagonchrist.proboards.com/thread/31/luke-vibert-interview-issue-2?page=1

So thanks to pot, we have so many Vibert albums, even if it is not the pot that makes Vibert's music. Aphex, on the other hand, has never said it so clearly, I think because he is extremely introverted and secret.

And to those saying that it is impossible to make music on acid, I mean, where have you been since the 60's? I was just curious to know how much a part of Aphex's secret recipe to make music psychedelics are. Of course, it is Aphex making his music and not the molecules he takes, this goes without saying!

i wonder if he ever gets disgusted by his over analyzing fan base. he's probably scared to take a shower thinking some IDM nerd will be looking up through the drain pipe.

Well, I don't know whether he is disgusted by us wondering what are his favorite psychedelics, but you definitely are! And that is so funny. LOL

blah blah typical smack justification.

I don't know why I'm coming under fire for this. I see drugs as tools. When used responsibly they can be powerful and effective. That is my philosophy. I'm sure plenty of people should never use drugs, but I remain optimistic that they can bring positivity to people's lives when used properly.

Let's get his doctor on the phone. I gotta get to the bottom of this fiasco. Just WHICH DRUGS R HE TAKEN. I GOTTA KNOW SO I CAN TAKE THEM AND BE LIKE THE APHEX TWIN

This was not the idea I wanted to convey. Anyone who has taken these molecules knows how it is potentially life-changing. Vibert seems to be smoking weed at every gig. Take the weed away from him just before a concert and this will completly change his performance. Does this mean that weed is performing music through Vibert? No! But it is definitely part of his secret recipe. Vibert is the only one from that gang who has been very honest about it and on numerous occasions. One example:

"L.V.: Yeah! Oh god yeah! I love pot. It makes me work for 10 hours in a row totally happily on the computer, where as if I didn't have any, after a few hours, I would get pissed off and want to do something else."

Source: http://wagonchrist.proboards.com/thread/31/luke-vibert-interview-issue-2?page=1

So thanks to pot, we have so many Vibert albums, even if it is not the pot that makes Vibert's music. Aphex, on the other hand, has never said it so clearly, I think because he is extremely introverted and secret.

Nice example. Aphex has stated very clearly that he doesn't talk about drugs too often because he doesn't want to promote drug use. I think he realizes that being in his position what he emphasizes can be powerful and impact a lot of people. The responsible decision is to hold back. I mean obviously the guy experiments with drugs. It's quite clear. I imagine he is pretty responsible about it though.

When I've made music on acid in the past it's been an amazing experience. Not always super productive, but you can take the ideas from those jams and implement it on something you work on when you're ready to work hard.

The feeling of playing with synthesizers while tripping just makes me giddy with excitement and I feel powerful. Each note is super impactful so I feel like I have a more clear vision of where I'm trying to go with melodies. Textures are more vivid.

I've also had a couple experiences where I made a simple ambient couple measure loop and ended up listening to it for the entirety of the trip just thinking about my life and having visions.

Highly recommended

I know we can't believe everything he ever said, but:

The Aphex Twin's favourite drugs, in order of preference: grass/hash, mushrooms, coffee, tea, Ventolin, aspirin. At a festival last week, he licked a little too much liquid acid off his hand, then had to spend the night convincing his mate, who'd similarly indulged, that they were in a field, not standing on the edge of a hypodermic needle. He wasn't very successful. Have his tastes changed as he's got older?'Only in as much as I know what not to take when I'm going to see my parents.'

Source: http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/100771194880071.shtml

And to those saying that it is impossible to make music on acid, I mean, where have you been since the 60's? I was just curious to know how much a part of Aphex's secret recipe to make music psychedelics are. Of course, it is Aphex making his music and not the molecules he takes, this goes without saying!

I'm saying that no one on acid is going to be doing any meticulous computer programming... which most of his music entails. unless you're assuming he just jams all of his tracks out

I'm saying that no one on acid is going to be doing any meticulous computer programming... which most of his music entails. unless you're assuming he just jams all of his tracks out

You never know. Someone with the innate ability to compose such as him would probably have no problem laying down tracks inebriated.

For those of you who've made music on LSD, that's awesome and nutz. I used to try to type shit out tripping, and then after a few lines of text, I'd realize that I just came out of a 5 week long (prolly 30 seconds) slip into an endless field of fractals and pure Consciousness. It's very tough to use one's hands, when one's hands become the same as one's feet and one's desk and Jupiter and fucking everything. How do you know to tweak the cutoff or resonance, when those knobs become some ancient crystals in a cave you teleport to whilst breathing the fire of life into a star in your heart?

How deep are you guys going when making music on LSD? You'ze talkin' composing on like 10 tabs or hwat?

As for weed, that is a great tool for anything, unless you get hardcore stoned and become slow motion like a hip hop video. I sort of wish I still smoked up daily, because I feel my life would be better. But perhaps boredom is "my fault". I need to convince myself that this is all just a badass video game, and my Lamborghini Countach is parked out front.

You never know. Someone with the innate ability to compose such as him would probably have no problem laying down tracks inebriated.

Pics or it didn't happen.

"I'm saying that no one on acid is going to be doing any meticulous computer programming... which most of his music entails. unless you're assuming he just jams all of his tracks out."

Have you ever heard of micro-dosing? You don't have to take a full blown, 300 micrograms trip to be high on LSD. You might take only 50 or even 25 micrograms or even less, get into a free-flowing, creative mood and go on to program the most mathematically coherent loop you've ever made and later use it as the basis for a new song. Studies have been made on this. It is well known that for instance engineers and mathematicians, and of course artists, have greatly benefited from sometimes one single psychedelic experience. Look up Jim Fadiman for references. You can program on psychedelics, and very meticulously so. Kary Mullis is another famous example.

"I'm saying that no one on acid is going to be doing any meticulous computer programming... which most of his music entails. unless you're assuming he just jams all of his tracks out."

Have you ever heard of micro-dosing? You don't have to take a full blown, 300 micrograms trip to be high on LSD. You might take only 50 or even 25 micrograms or even less, get into a free-flowing, creative mood and go on to program the most mathematically coherent loop you've ever made and later use it as the basis for a new song. Studies have been made on this. It is well known that for instance engineers and mathematicians, and of course artists, have greatly benefited from sometimes one single psychedelic experience. Look up Jim Fadiman for references. You can program on psychedelics, and very meticulously so. Kary Mullis is another famous example.

The only double blind trial of LSD microdosing I know of had results indistinguishable from placebo: http://www.gwern.net/LSD%20microdosing

Sure we could debate. Most of the testimonies in favour of positive impact of psychedelics on creativity come from artists themselves, not from the few studies that were completed. We need hundreds of new studies, that's true. This is still a very new field of research because it's been illegal for so long. Look up Fadiman's chapter on micro-dosing in his last book if you haven't already. Promising research area for brilliant young postdocs.

show me an album where it was influenced by dr pepper and we'll be straight.

croppedimage290200-Robert-Delong.jpg

Robert Delong's new EP

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/05/complexmedia-drpepper-idUSnPnc0zLqd+84+PRN20140505

lawl

this is post 420 btw

like my homie snoop says, smoke weed erryday :flower:

Archived