IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

I have hardly listened to it since it came out, not because I don't enjoy it but more because I find it profoundly depressing.

I found Mu-Ziq's Duntisbourne Abbots depressing too but that album had much more of a self-pity feel to it, whereas BOC's TH evokes an extreme anxiety and almost desperation for me. I guess it's supposed to be about some kind of societal or ecological catastrophe so perhaps that's what they wanted.

I like how this pairs with tchp as its dark opposite. My two most listened to boc albums.

th has only gotten better with each listen. Lofty and airy, subdued and dark at the same time.

as someone else mentioned I also have a separate playlist with just the ambient tracks and interludes!

I have hardly listened to it since it came out, not because I don't enjoy it but more because I find it profoundly depressing.

I found Mu-Ziq's Duntisbourne Abbots depressing too but that album had much more of a self-pity feel to it, whereas BOC's TH evokes an extreme anxiety and almost desperation for me. I guess it's supposed to be about some kind of societal or ecological catastrophe so perhaps that's what they wanted.

Semena creates this feeling for me.

I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest transmisiones ferox

Well I think this captures madness of who created, they know what they are doing, if only they go a little more crazy, this album would be even more better, I hope they take a new direction with this album, but even that this album is great, I enjoy to notice new details each time, the way they carefully warm up with Reach for the dead, and pick up melodies after beutiful Transmisiones Ferox with Sick Times, and at the end they destroy it with Come To Dust

Been listening to this a lot again recently. I went off of it for a while but it has really been hitting the spot again recently.

Semena Mertvykh is the worst song on the album. It feels completely out of place and there is no justification as to why it should be on the album after New Seeds and Come to Dust. New Seeds would be the best "finisher". Diskus.

I think that if you can relate to concerns over societal breakdown, and understand the perspective and aesthetic they took with the album, it might resonate more with you. This is the BOC album I have been waiting for since Geogaddi. I really liked this album's direction; the sounds (especially those swirling pads in Nothing Is Real + Palace Posy) are just so lush. Nothing Is Real has to be one of my favourite pieces of music ever written - the melodic hook repeating throughout is so catchy and has a nostalgic ring to it. Cold Earth is probably one of their most 'epic' tracks in terms of the percussion and energy it has. Very satisfied with the album overall and gets regular plays pretty much each week.

Yeah I love the dystopian wasteland angle and I really like the move into full blown cinematic pieces. I've recently heard "Reach for the dead" on the soundtrack to a short film "Sunday Roast" and it worked extremely well. I definitely think that much of this album is going to turn up in film scores and unfortunately some more commercial crap in TV and adverts.

Semena Mertvykh is the worst song on the album. It feels completely out of place and there is no justification as to why it should be on the album after New Seeds and Come to Dust. New Seeds would be the best "finisher". Diskus.

If New Seeds were the last track, that would mean the album would have a happy/hopeful ending which would ruin the darkness of the album

If New Seeds were the last track, that would mean the album would have a happy/hopeful ending which would ruin the darkness of the album

Then what's the point of New Seeds?

It's either "fuck we're sad, but hey, good moments happen!" or "hey, good moments happen! oh wait, we're fucked". Which one is it? It's pretty important.

I think that the latter is cheesy. I'm sorry if I seem pretentious

Edited by Bordie

Then what's the point of New Seeds?

It's either "fuck we're sad, but hey, good moments happen!" or "hey, good moments happen! oh wait, we're fucked". Which one is it? It's pretty important.

I think that the latter is cheesy. I'm sorry if I seem pretentious

I think it's probably the latter. The latter also describes Nothing is Real.
With a happy ending, Tomorrow's Harvest would be more like a Hollywood movie, and therefore more cheesy in my opinion. But it's all a matter of taste in the end.

Guest transmisiones ferox

new seeds seems like false or fleeting hope, to me.

yeah and at the end that melody, basically, the time is come, something between nostalgic morning tv jingle and military alarm

One day on a whim I decided to just cram some plain pieces of toast in my ears and I was immediately reminded of this album. Such nostalgia.

Out of all the feature artist's recent releases, I personally still believe BOC comes out on top.

TH is such a beautiful album, still haven't got bored with it at all.

And now that it is more than a year old, I can confidently say that it would go into a top 5 of my all-time favorite albums, without feeling silly about it.

I hate sounding like a fanboy, but that's genuinely how I feel... I'm quite passionate about it. Can't really think of an another album, in recent years, that has had such a big place in my consciousness. In a lot of ways I feel like it has been tailored to my taste.

Edited by Npoess