IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

You skip Palace Posy? Whaaat? That's like THE second best track. I agree with the rest of the thread though, a good majority of the album was certainly rather disappointing. I still like to give it a good listen from time to time.

I was disappointed with the conceptual side of it, but the album itself grew on me. Jacquard Causeway and Palace Posy are awesome.

Actually I have barely listened to it since it came out, I'm going to play it now.

Guest Gravity

Palace Posy is my favorite track on there. Thank the lawdy they let that one loose.

Edited by Gravity

Great album. Funny enough I listened to it 3 times this week after a long period of giving it a rest. Palace Posey is the only track I don't really like, though I don't mind it either.

I wonder what's next? heh

I've grown to like the album more

I never disliked it, just a bit underwhelmed/disappointed with tracks tapering off too soon

But I've moved passed that, and I do really enjoy it

However this:

The best thing they've done.

I don't think I will ever understand

Given the quality of material they have put out, for TH to be seen as "best" will likely always confuse me

I know it's all personal taste, and I'm not trying to change anyone's minds, but what is it about this album that people feel makes it superior to Geogaddi or MHTRTC?

Edited by fizzkinz

This whole thing was so weird. I pre-ordered the cd, but got an illegal download 2 days before it was officially available. I was completely convinced that download was a fake album made by eager fans because there was no way BoC would release something so generic and bland. When I got the official album, I sat back in complete disbelief as people praised the thing, calling it a masterpiece and their best work.

I listened to it quite a few times before coming to the conclusion that the only way I could allow myself to enjoy it was if I forgot how much better most other music is. It has a real sense of obligation about it. Very unnatural, like ticking BoC boxes.

Guest Roksen Creek

I never disliked it, just a bit underwhelmed/disappointed with tracks tapering off too soon

However this:

I don't think I will ever understand

Given the quality of material they have put out, for TH to be seen as "best" will likely always confuse me

I know it's all personal taste, and I'm not trying to change anyone's minds, but what is it about this album that people feel makes it superior to Geogaddi or MHTRTC?

To be honest, I always thought MHTRTC and Geogaddi were overrated, so I'm probably not the best to judge. I just prefer the feel and atmosphere of TH, it's very dreamlike and hazy. Like you say, it's just personal preference.

I agree in that TH is not their best album.

Nothing is Real is still one of my favorite BoC tracks however, together with Semena they have that

real undefinable magic.

I think TH seems to have less of that "boc nostalgy sound" that I so much love, The ending of Transmisiones Ferox... that's the feels, I want to hear a full version of that soo badly.

Regarding the hype train: I enjoyed it, I have never been part of something like that ever before, it felt quite special.

Edited by MIXL2

Guest transmisiones ferox

1 year later I find this album less enjoyable to me, but more experimental and playful. But some hits like Reach for the Dead are always on top for me, something like terminator soundtrack, on the other hand tracks like Split your infinities, Uritual, Nothing is Real can't be listened every day, they have very strong subliminal message, you can't listen to them every day.

I think that if you can relate to concerns over societal breakdown, and understand the perspective and aesthetic they took with the album, it might resonate more with you. This is the BOC album I have been waiting for since Geogaddi. I really liked this album's direction; the sounds (especially those swirling pads in Nothing Is Real + Palace Posy) are just so lush. Nothing Is Real has to be one of my favourite pieces of music ever written - the melodic hook repeating throughout is so catchy and has a nostalgic ring to it. Cold Earth is probably one of their most 'epic' tracks in terms of the percussion and energy it has. Very satisfied with the album overall and gets regular plays pretty much each week.

I agree with those who love it.... and i thinks its very replayable as mentioned.........subtle echos, snippets, vocals, feelings, furtive glances, moments. I think the mood they captured ..... decay, encroachment, man vs nature etc is amazing.

I think the hype was well executed and have found memories of being a a part of it as a I enjoyed the ride.

Exactly - they created this kind of story - a very subtle narrative during the promo which was a lot of fun to follow. I enjoyed it a lot as well. Not many people do this kind of thing. Most people like narratives they can follow, or some kind of concept that can be understood behind a body of art.

However this:

The concept behind the album very much drives the tracks for me. I like the concept they went for a lot. They got the ambience spot on for the whole 'societal collapse' thing they were going for.

Geogaddi is definitely a close second best though. But it doesn't get as many plays as TH. I reserve Geogaddi listening sessions for spring/summer. TH seems to playable all year round for me - hence why it comes out on top. Yes I'm one of those weird people who associates certain albums with seasons in the year.

1 year later I find this album less enjoyable to me, but more experimental and playful. But some hits like Reach for the Dead are always on top for me, something like terminator soundtrack, on the other hand tracks like Split your infinities, Uritual, Nothing is Real can't be listened every day, they have very strong subliminal message, you can't listen to them every day.

Funny that those are my favorite (and most played) off the record, along with Transmisiones Ferox, Semena Mertvykh and Jacquard Causeway.

I think that if you can relate to concerns over societal breakdown, and understand the perspective and aesthetic they took with the album, it might resonate more with you. This is the BOC album I have been waiting for since Geogaddi.

So I actually do relate to the concerns and I like the idea of what the album is supposedly addressing

And that idea is also just the kind of thing would want them to run with after Geogaddi

I guess my problem is everything about the album on paper is great, in theory.

In practice, it fails to deliver what it seems to want to convey

If they could have explored the conceptual side of the album, but with the musical stylings of Geogaddi, this would be the perfect album

In theory

I really liked the concept too. Oh well. I don't know what to think of people who think this album is "amazing" or whatever. I don't think we could be friends. How can I find mischief and adventure with people who are distracted by mediocre shiny objects when we're in a fucking jungle of mysticism and raw spiritual balls-out epiphanies that purge your soul into a river that the gods take you down on a raft of musical enlightenment? Shit just does NOT compute. I'm sorry. You don't find that just anywhere. Not in a damn coffee shop full of milquetoast motherfuckers who can't commit to shit. You gotta get out there and get dirty son. Filthy, even. Take risks, get poison ivy on your dick and feel the passage of time wash over you from out of a woman's eyes who may have been your wife 1000 years ago. Give birth to entire villages even if you're a dude. Sacrifice yourself to an active volcano on a whim. But for fucks sake do not tell me this thing that barely registers to the senses is amazing. Come. On. People. Shake a little hot sauce on it at least. Fuck.

Guest couch

Took me a while to warm up to this album. It feels more vauge than the rest, if that makes any sense. It's also more psychedelic than previous releases, as a whole.

The hype train honestly annoyed me. I didn't care for it until the legitimate hints started surfacing at record store day. All the BS that surfaced over the years prior over at Twoism...just, ugh.

As much as I enjoy it, aside from a few bits and pieces, it's not very memorable. I couldn't recall tracks from memory like I can others. And I've probably played it 40-50 times.

I'm still deeply in love with this album. I listen to it quite often while doing dishes, yard work, etc. I think my favorite part on the whole album is the little synth melody at the end of Transmisiones Ferox. It's just beautiful.

Back last year, I was pretty vocal about my disappointment with it - which probably accounts for the the abuse on here I got as a result.

I still stand behind what I said at the time. This was a very disappointing release because it seemed as if so much of it was phoned in. There were a great many tracks where it seemed like the band were just treading water and only the occasional moment of real undefinable magic.

Although it was probably out of their hands, I found the whole hype thing unnecessary and it also didn't help the eventual release which didn't live up to all the pre-release hoopla.

Yeah, I know it's all pain-staking work to perfect the sound and mood of a record but there is just no way a record of (arguably) middling quality should take 8 years.

I still think they are best electronic band I've heard in nearly twenty years but TH rates at the very bottom of their canon, at least for me.

What I find more worrying is a trend that doesn't seem to be going away - the stretches between albums is getting longer and longer and the overall quality is getting weaker.

I know there a lot of fanboys on here but, well that's just the way I found it. Your mileage may vary (which of course it should).

couldn't agree more.

i listened to this album three (3) times when it first came out and never again. i thought the whole thing was extremely cheesy and sloopy and found the idea that it taken them 8 years to put together insulting

Guest totemcrackerjack

^

Wasn't one of my favorite releases, probably 3rd place for BoC albums, but I think he went a bit far in that paragraph tirade. Fun to read though, and great imagery.

I'm still deeply in love with this album. I listen to it quite often while doing dishes, yard work, etc. I think my favorite part on the whole album is the little synth melody at the end of Transmisiones Ferox. It's just beautiful.

we agree.

I can't believe how wrong candiru is on this one. I don't understand the arrogance people feel entitled to when it comes to negatively attacking the artistic works of others. show some godamn respect mate, you couldn't produce shit half as good as this so I'd advise you to can it immediately.

I exaggerated my opinion for effect to contradict a lot of what I and some others see as blind hero worship. I don't think it's this offensively bad album, but I do think it's surprisingly tame and is "just enough". I don't have automatic respect for musicians or artists and nobody should. You won't find inspiration that way.