IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

Well that track is almost definitely a nod to Albert Jacquard, who advocates that we deliberately shrink economies in order to avoid future economic and/or ecological problems. So the "plodding" beat with its different time sig, invoked ideas of a stagnant economy "plodding" along, or of economic practices out-of-step with reality?

I think the message/s behind this album is/are much more blatant than any before. With earlier albums I think they were just burying vague references in tracks for teh lulz, whereas with this album they really meant for it to be a crucial component of the experience

Almost definitely?

That's a pretty definitive statement for what amounts to just an interpretation/assumption

Who says it's not a reference to the Jacquard loom? Or some other thing that has nothing to do with any of this?

I'd bet my unclipped toenails on it. As all the interviews showed, the theme is some kind of societal collapse for ecological or economic reasons, and I'm pretty sure they stated somewhere that they wanted to make people think about those issues. Sure, that's vague in itself, but much less so than with the supposed themes of other albums. Given that, which Jacquard is it likely to be?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still loving this album. Listened to it for the first time in ages yesterday. Even the tracks I least liked have revealed themselves fully to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Great album to start off the year with. I've always liked tomorrow's harvest but I feel like I'm really clicking with it now. Reach for the dead and new seeds will always been my favourites, but now I'm starting to love Sick Times, Palace Posy (especially when the vocals come in) and Nothing is Real. The album feels like the death of all the nastolgia (mhtrtc), and moving on from something dark and dying (geogaddi) to something new and innocent. The titles make me think of the earth dying and nature taking over or something. Probably thinking about this more than I should though.

Split your infinities

A sense of rest. Acceptance.

truth

Give up

Surrender

On the initial listen I thought this album was just OK, but the full panorama has only just started to unravel itself for me. It's ...

It's just reallly good

Split your infinities

A sense of rest. Acceptance.

truth

Give up

Surrender

On the initial listen I thought this album was just OK, but the full panorama has only just started to unravel itself for me. It's ...

It's just reallly good

Take your time, more and more will be revealed to you on subsequent listening sessions... this album knows no end. :) The sense of rest, acceptance, giving up, surrender, is all over the album. Personally, it is Nothing is real, New seeds and Come to dust which bring those feelings, especially Come to dust, which feels like surrendering to the end of the world with a smile on my face.

I remember hearing first few tracks on the day they did the stream through some dudes ustream off his phone, i remember that day vividly and i remember being on this massive high. in hindsight it was one of the most unique musical experiences ive had and i appreciate the fuck out of it.

After sitting on it for some more time again i still feel like the quality control wasnt lost of the shorter ambient tracks on the album, they shine though as good as anything else as they have done.

A few of the 'beat' driven tracks still dont really do it for me however some are pretty damn solid, reach for the dead, palace posy and new seeds are killer.

i cant wait for some new tunes, hopefully this year. Will be interesting to see what they do as far as marketing goes, i imagine just back to basics.

More keen to know what kinda themes/concepts they take on too, still for me they are number one when i comes to creating and following through on concepts within the album. After reading the interviews and hearing the music it makes sense with TH, great stuff.

still for me they are number one when i comes to creating and following through on concepts within the album.

they seem to excel at executing their ideas with zen like discipline

where the hell is the ep? I would have bet anything on an accompanying ep for this but it's almost been too long now...

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. They probably have loads of tracks lying about that would blow us all away, but in the context of an album or EP they just wouldn't play well with other tracks, so we'll never hear them :(

Post of the year.

I like the album, I mean, meh... I listen it the first month and basically forgot about it. To me it´s not comparable to geo or MHTRTC, albums that I have listen hundreds of times and I will continue doing so... so I can not agree more with the things Candiru says and the beautiful, powerfull way of express it.

I really liked the concept too. Oh well. I don't know what to think of people who think this album is "amazing" or whatever. I don't think we could be friends. How can I find mischief and adventure with people who are distracted by mediocre shiny objects when we're in a fucking jungle of mysticism and raw spiritual balls-out epiphanies that purge your soul into a river that the gods take you down on a raft of musical enlightenment? Shit just does NOT compute. I'm sorry. You don't find that just anywhere. Not in a damn coffee shop full of milquetoast motherfuckers who can't commit to shit. You gotta get out there and get dirty son. Filthy, even. Take risks, get poison ivy on your dick and feel the passage of time wash over you from out of a woman's eyes who may have been your wife 1000 years ago. Give birth to entire villages even if you're a dude. Sacrifice yourself to an active volcano on a whim. But for fucks sake do not tell me this thing that barely registers to the senses is amazing. Come. On. People. Shake a little hot sauce on it at least. Fuck.

where the hell is the ep? I would have bet anything on an accompanying ep for this but it's almost been too long now...

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. They probably have loads of tracks lying about that would blow us all away, but in the context of an album or EP they just wouldn't play well with other tracks, so we'll never hear them :(

There will be a release this year, I do believe.