IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

I just can't detach my brain from this Limmy webcam recording, and the album

(Fast forward to 19:18)

I can't imagine a more colossal waste of time than watching this.

u havent dun internetz m8

Hey so this is the only BoC I've ever purchased. Since half of you loved it and the other half hated it, maybe a couple suggestions on what other release to try out again that might be closer in line to this one? I've heard bits of this and that over the years, but was often underwhelmed; they seemed to just put together good moods, with a couple decent ideas, and that was all. I never felt any real progression in the tracks, save for a few key pieces in TH...but perhaps I need to sit down with one of their (other) albums and listen through it as a whole?

Geogaddi! for real

Hey so this is the only BoC I've ever purchased. Since half of you loved it and the other half hated it, maybe a couple suggestions on what other release to try out again that might be closer in line to this one? I've heard bits of this and that over the years, but was often underwhelmed; they seemed to just put together good moods, with a couple decent ideas, and that was all. I never felt any real progression in the tracks, save for a few key pieces in TH...but perhaps I need to sit down with one of their (other) albums and listen through it as a whole?

Edited by Kingdom of Heaven

Their official discography isn't massive so it's not really that hard to navigate. Not being rude, jus' saying.

Off-topic, but I don't really know where else to post these.

So...I got bored and photoshopped the MHRTC cover in Geogaddi colors and vice-versa.

rB1CpYf.jpg1DnDdSj.jpg

They look beautiful. Amazing how it changes one's perception of how the music may sound.

Off-topic, but I don't really know where else to post these.

So...I got bored and photoshopped the MHRTC cover in Geogaddi colors and vice-versa.

rB1CpYf.jpg1DnDdSj.jpg

They look beautiful. Amazing how it changes one's perception of how the music may sound.

Thank you! I remember reading somewhere that the two album covers were inverted (color-wise) of each other (they aren't, but pretty close). When I saw that they weren't I gave that idea proper justice (no it's not just some instagram-y filter btw).

And yeah it is interesting how much color can affect a thing like interpreting/perceiving music.

Didn't mean to quote the pics again or derail thread. MHTRTC and Geogaddi are twin light/dark masterpieces, IMO. But on topic, Tomorrows Harvest is fantastic and I think it still has a lot to reveal even after a year and a half.

Edited by melancholera

the best thing that can happen to Tomorrow's Harvest is to have another new release take its place so its only context is no longer "o.m.g. they spent 7 years on this?"

It was nearly a decade of silence. For this to drop out of thin air was kind of maddening, and the way hype was drummed up for it seemed totally uncharacteristic for the sound of the album itself. TH is moody, thoughtful stuff. Us fans were geared up for Geogaddi^2. It's kind of like if you're at the end of a concert screaming for an encore, and after 10 minutes you start to think the band really did leave for the night without playing an encore, but then they come out and just noodle with boring arps for a half hour. After the excitement of them returning fades, you're left wondering why they actually bothered with an encore if it wasn't nearly as exciting as the concert that preceded it.

Time can be only good to this release, I think. Even if it is never seen as their best, I think it will be thought just as special as their other albums. and charming for what it set out to be: a sci-fi movie soundtrack.

the best thing that can happen to Tomorrow's Harvest is to have another new release take its place so its only context is no longer "o.m.g. they spent 7 years on this?"

It was nearly a decade of silence. For this to drop out of thin air was kind of maddening, and the way hype was drummed up for it seemed totally uncharacteristic for the sound of the album itself. TH is moody, thoughtful stuff. Us fans were geared up for Geogaddi^2. It's kind of like if you're at the end of a concert screaming for an encore, and after 10 minutes you start to think the band really did leave for the night without playing an encore, but then they come out and just noodle with boring arps for a half hour. After the excitement of them returning fades, you're left wondering why they actually bothered with an encore if it wasn't nearly as exciting as the concert that preceded it.

Time can be only good to this release, I think. Even if it is never seen as their best, I think it will be thought just as special as their other albums. and charming for what it set out to be: a sci-fi movie soundtrack.

I'm counting on an EP or old material this year. But then again I count on something every year because I like to dream.

I listened to Tomorrow's Harvest in full last night after work, and am still finding myself amazed by it. I approach it like a concept album or a soundtrack, and start to imagine a civilization falling into collapse. Each song represents a chapter in the film/book/story I'm imagining in my head. It's hard to articulate what I'm imagining, but that's really no different from other BoC releases.

This is a special album for me and hits me in a way that's totally unique, as do their other albums. Just love the hell out of it.

I'm a shameless BoC fanboy and I'm ok with that.

Still as disappointing as it was when it was first released

this. i try to listen to it from time to time, but it's just not that good of an album. not boc good, at least. and it's not like my interest in boc faded - geogaddi, twoism and hi scores are still on regular rotation. i kinda feel the same about campfire headphase (was there for the premiere as well). both albums are pretty good, but kinda not boc-level good. but then again everything they did up to that point was nearly perfect in every way, i guess it's hard to follow up a masterpiece like geogaddi properly.

Perhaps in retrospect they did what Richard did. A long layoff and then put out something pretty good but not fucking fantastic,, Syro is kind of an equal to Tomorrows Harvest in quality imo. TH the better album from beginning to end, but there's nothing on TH as brilliant as Minipops and Xmas Eve. So its a draw imo. Or it was until a few days ago....

Edited by beerwolf

I think, BOC in their earlier days, hit on a world that drew everyone in. This old electronic music world of 60s and 70s which has associations to cartoons, movies, nature, eagles and fuckin natural parks and boyscouts and just general mystery of memories, and they managed to nail it and stick it in a more modern package. I think maybe TCH didn't deliver as much on that mystery, and TH, even though it has, at least to me, a more promising concept, does not, for whatever reason deliver the old horror / thriller type of mood. I still feel like the world is there, and there are tracks that can be created that gives all those emotions, but I just don't feel like this is it. Although, a part of me also knows that the brain is what creates all this stuff and it is subjective, so it could be a matter of a persons life that determines how impactful a record is, but at the same time it feels like there are 'objective' sounds that kind of resonate with a lot of people, it's not like everyone is different about everything. So fuck if I know. I still like several of the tracks, but it's not like a heavyweight I guess.

It's kind of like if you're at the end of a concert screaming for an encore, and after 10 minutes you start to think the band really did leave for the night without playing an encore, but then they come out and just noodle with boring arps for a half hour.

:facepalm:

It's kind of like if you're at the end of a concert screaming for an encore, and after 10 minutes you start to think the band really did leave for the night without playing an encore, but then they come out and just noodle with boring arps for a half hour.

crappy analogy acknowledged, but my only point is that I think our expectations really played into how this album sounded.

I really like TH.

I think, BOC in their earlier days, hit on a world that drew everyone in. This old electronic music world of 60s and 70s which has associations to cartoons, movies, nature, eagles and fuckin natural parks and boyscouts and just general mystery of memories, and they managed to nail it and stick it in a more modern package. I think maybe TCH didn't deliver as much on that mystery, and TH, even though it has, at least to me, a more promising concept, does not, for whatever reason deliver the old horror / thriller type of mood. I still feel like the world is there, and there are tracks that can be created that gives all those emotions, but I just don't feel like this is it. Although, a part of me also knows that the brain is what creates all this stuff and it is subjective, so it could be a matter of a persons life that determines how impactful a record is, but at the same time it feels like there are 'objective' sounds that kind of resonate with a lot of people, it's not like everyone is different about everything. So fuck if I know. I still like several of the tracks, but it's not like a heavyweight I guess.

What a wonderful post.

Especially the 'eagles and fuckin natural parks and boyscouts and just general mystery of memories..'.

There is a place I know tucked away in Burnham Beeches (a plot of ancient woodland in Buckinghamshire, 30 miles from london) where there are very old (400 years) trees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnham_Beeches. I spent most of my childhood running around these woods. There is a place here with which is private land for Scouts only, with stone campfire circles, bridges and a lush green meadows for pitching tents. Its like a natural inner sanctum. Nobody knows it's there. I took a few friends there once, and they couldn't belive it as they drove past it hundreds of times, yet they never knew it existed. The woods around the campsite are so quiet and therefore a bit spooky because they are so close to London, M25, Heathrow airport. So quiet yet so close to all the chaos.

When I was a kid, I would hear all these strange sounds and drones from within these woods. I think because Heathrow was so close, it used to be the planes coming into land or taking off, this was also when Concorde was flying as well. But back then I was just a young kid and I never cared for airports lol. All I knew I was in a spooky little wood with peculiar drones swishing swooshing and filtering through the leaves on the trees. It used to actually freak me out a little, it was very unnerving because it didn't really make sense where these sounds were being transmitted from (I'm pretty sure some of the time I was imagining them, which is possible). Anyway there are some sounds on the first two albums which just seem to recreate that sound perfectly. As soon as I hear those sounds I am transported right back there as a youngster. And that my friend is next level skill.

Edited by beerwolf

crappy analogy acknowledged, but my only point is that I think our expectations really played into how this album sounded.

I really like TH.

Mostly the "boring arp" part. An arp is NEVER boring.

dodododododododo