this is "niggas on the moon", featuring björk on all 8 tracks.

it is the first installment of our new double album, "the powers that b", due out later this year on Harvest/Third Worlds Records.

the second disc is titled "jenny death".

peace & love

have a sad cum bb

-us

have a sad cum bb

featuring björk on all 8 tracks?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've attempted to see this band 3 times and got stood up. One time it was because the venue had safety issues or some bullshit. But I still have no ill will towards Death Grips. One of my favorite bands lately

Guest Gravity

Three tracks in and I'm liking this a lot more than Government Plates. (still liked that, but ya know)

thanks for the morning present dee gee

Guest crowndicey

This rules so hard. I really like that this band is always evolving their sound and exploring new territory. I mean, obviously no profound 180 degree turnarounds or anything but they really push the envelope a little more each time. Every time they release something it's just like the first time I ever heard them, it's jarring and a little confusing, but then it's just so good.

This feels like a 30 minute track. As always, this album's a step forward (or to the side) from their previous work, but within the album there is little to no variation. It's very formulaic; cut-up Bjork vocals, very very same-y synths, syncopated and spastic beats. Which is not a bad thing, but some variation would've been nice.

At least this album's more lyrical than Gov. Plates, which is good. Very pleased with the lyrics too, way more introspective than ever before, and not just 8 different variations of stream-of-thought paranoid rambles.

Probably will never get something on the same level as Exmilitary which is my favorite DG release but this is sounding really good so far. Vocal samples and sick. This is way better than their last two efforts

Also, seriously love how they release music, it always catches you off guard, like a sucker punch

Anyone going to see them live with NIN and Soundgarden?

:w00t: that's an insane line-up. Okay nin and soungarden both aren't what they used to be in the studio, but live? Them and Death Grips on the same stage is fucking mental!!

Bring it to London!!

Archived