IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

whats mental is that everyone seemed quite pissed at the initial 13,000 dollar asking price, and its reached halfway to that in about a day of its own accord. the inital seller is gonna be pissed if it goes over 13,000. although i cant actually see that happening/

why would Grant be pissed off at that?

:emotawesomepm9:

FLOL!

I think the initial asking price was unsubstantiated and skeptical. Now that the record and the kickstarter raised almost $70,000 and it's a piece of history, I think the eBay auction will get pretty high

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Papillon

whats mental is that everyone seemed quite pissed at the initial 13,000 dollar asking price, and its reached halfway to that in about a day of its own accord. the inital seller is gonna be pissed if it goes over 13,000. although i cant actually see that happening/

FLOL!

Oh boy the seller was GWC? I thought it was some Italian guy for some reason?? I don't know why I thought that though weird I must be over tired.

FLOL!

I think the initial asking price was unsubstantiated and skeptical. Now that the record and the kickstarter raised almost $70,000 and it's a piece of history, I think the eBay auction will get pretty high

I think it was originally just set so high so that someone would notice it and get this whole ball rolling.

StephenG, I think we both are starting to see an invisible hand behind this. It's too well orchestrated to be completely random.

give this man a prize. getting friends to proxy bid reaps benefits too i believe, pity the buyer.

StephenG, I think we both are starting to see an invisible hand behind this. It's too well orchestrated to be completely random.

Saw it from the beginning meng..

It doesn't take away from it for me, this is still 110% awesome lol.

We all already have the music (well until i forget which download folder in which instal of what HD it's on and it's so lost to the mists of time). I do hope that it's not phoney bids though, that would sour the whole thing.

Okay, so I haven't been following this at all so maybe someone can shed some light on this for me: watmm bought the vinyl, ripped it and now we're selling it? Will this money go to that charity as we'll?

Also, 20.000 fucking thousand dollars?!

wouldn't it be funny/likely that it's Grant bidding so high on this?

That way he gets his vinyl back and the difference between this and the kickstarter money = profit..

lol

edit: or skrillorx

Okay, so I haven't been following this at all so maybe someone can shed some light on this for me: watmm bought the vinyl, ripped it and now we're selling it? Will this money go to that charity as we'll?

Pretty much, yeah. The first plan was that 1/3rd of only the eBay profit would go to charity, but because the Kickstarter reached such an amazing amount (+-70,000), I believe a part from that will also go to a charity. From the eBay profit another 1/3rd will go to Aphex / Rephlex and another 1/3rd will go back to the initial backers from Kickstarters (is that deal still on?)

20.000... this has to be a troll or Skrillex. Or both at the same time.

Really? While this is interesting and unprecedented, I find it a bit vulgar. Loads of money for some old vinyl, I am not even suggesting feeding the starving or anything remotely humanitarian, but suggest promoting some new music, enabling another talent blossom and bloom, like this perhaps...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/donnacha-costello-love-from-dust-album-project

For $20,000 (bid so far) I would want him to re-record it in my gaff and keep my glass topped up too!!

Pretty much, yeah. The first plan was that 1/3rd of only the eBay profit would go to charity, but because the Kickstarter reached such an amazing amount (+-70,000), I believe a part from that will also go to a charity. From the eBay profit another 1/3rd will go to Aphex / Rephlex and another 1/3rd will go back to the initial backers from Kickstarters (is that deal still on?)

20.000... this has to be a troll or Skrillex. Or both at the same time.

It's strictly 1/2 Rephlex 1/2 Charity - splitting 10K 4200+ ways... not only a pain in the arse (for me), but it would probably cost more to send the money than what each person would get...

Humans... always seeing patterns in things that aren't there...

Really? While this is interesting and unprecedented, I find it a bit vulgar. Loads of money for some old vinyl, I am not even suggesting feeding the starving or anything remotely humanitarian, but suggest promoting some new music, enabling another talent blossom and bloom, like this perhaps...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/donnacha-costello-love-from-dust-album-project

For $20,000 (bid so far) I would want him to re-record it in my gaff and keep my glass topped up too!!

It does leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

Archived