IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at first i was psyched from the context clues of the meaning and usage of the word "immanent" but then I decided to see what the dictionary said:

im·ma·nent [im-uh-nuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt]
adjective
remaining within; indwelling; inherent. <--------that doesn't sound like a "release" it sounds more retentive.
Philosophy . (of a mental act) taking place within the mind of the subject and having no effect outside of it. Compare transeunt. <--------theoretical, hypothetical
Theology . (of the Deity) indwelling the universe, time, etc. Compare transcendent ( def 3 ) . <--- hmmm

imminent
ˈɪmɪnənt/
adjective
adjective: imminent
  1. 1.
    about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
    synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching,coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store,in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind,brewing, looming, looming large; More
    antonyms: remote
  2. 2.
    archaic
    overhanging.

at first i was psyched from the context clues of the meaning and usage of the word "immanent" but then I decided to see what the dictionary said:

im·ma·nent [im-uh-nuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt]
adjective
remaining within; indwelling; inherent.
Philosophy . (of a mental act) taking place within the mind of the subject and having no effect outside of it. Compare transeunt.
Theology . (of the Deity) indwelling the universe, time, etc. Compare transcendent ( def 3 ) .

Luckily there's a big difference between imminent and immanent. I'm glad he chose the former.

Thanks for posting those correspondences Joyrex, gives a very nice insight in his perspective. I really hope the Polygon Window stuff gets a vinyl rerelease, and of course everything previously unreleased. These are exciting times for an Aphex freak :)

Nothing new to report (of relevance)... I guess it's wait and see mode now.

Disclaimer: We were told circa 2005 that a collection of older material was coming out (in response to not leaking the tracks from the stolen cassette) - obviously that never happened. Back catalogue stuff here may exist in the same realm as BOC boxset, etc. - nice idea, but will it happen anytime soon? Even Richard himself says it's hard to go through it all and sort it out and choose the best stuff...

That being said, I think Richard will be more keen on releasing new material versus revisiting his archives...

Disclaimer: We were told circa 2005 that a collection of older material was coming out (in response to not leaking the tracks from the stolen cassette) - obviously that never happened. Back catalogue stuff here may exist in the same realm as BOC boxset, etc. - nice idea, but will it happen anytime soon? Even Richard himself says it's hard to go through it all and sort it out and choose the best stuff...

That being said, I think Richard will be more keen on releasing new material versus revisiting his archives...

maybe we can go through his archives and pick out the sweetness heh

Fuck yeah new material!!! I havent got a clue what to expect. Minds will be blown. Semen

will splatter

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5360 met Tapatalk

Just an idea, and tell me if you think I'm wrong, but maybe we should pin a new thread with all this imminent release information and discussion. Right now it's all existing in this CAT023 auction thread.

Thoughts fellas?

maybe we can go through his archives and pick out the sweetness heh

Fuck yeah new material!!! I havent got a clue what to expect. Minds will be blown. Semen

will splatter

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5360 met Tapatalk

You're my new favourite watmmer, congratulations.

Just an idea, and tell me if you think I'm wrong, but maybe we should pin a new thread with all this imminent release information and discussion. Right now it's all existing in this CAT023 auction thread.

Thoughts fellas?

Seconded.

It will be sooo good

:aphexsign:

Hopefully someone who won't rip it and spit in the face of all the people who legitimately paid for their download...

even if they do, it doesn't take away the fact of what watmm achieved with the kickstarter idea. still glad i paid for mine and was part of that.

Archived