IGNORED

CAT 087 - Melodies From Mars Unplayed Vinyl Test Pressing On Ebay!

Joyrex

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that over at Rephlex HQ, they probably have boxes full of CAT 023, CAT 034 and CAT 087 on a shelf somewhere.

From time to time they sell a copy (especially ABB5) to keep the AFX hype alive.

And once when they are fed up with all of it, they will dump everything and we all own a copy of the Caustic Window LP, Analogue Bubblebath 5, and Melodies From Mars on vinyl.

I think that over at Rephlex HQ, they probably have boxes full of CAT 023, CAT 034 and CAT 087 on a shelf somewhere.

From time to time they sell a copy (especially ABB5) to keep the AFX hype alive.

And once when they are fed up with all of it, they will dump everything and we all own a copy of the Caustic Window LP, Analogue Bubblebath 5, and Melodies From Mars on vinyl.

Wishful thinking, but we all do it :emotawesomepm9:

i thought this would be going for higher than it is by now. all those high rolling cat023 bidders who missed out could be putting their $$$ here now

LOL, where in the hell did those tracknames come from?

"Names taken from original Memorex D90 cassette"

hmm yeh this dude http://www.discogs.com/user/7_pin_dinner added those 2 months ago

Funny, mine don't have names - just a J-card with Richard's terrible handwriting "AFX - MELODIES FROM MARS" scrawled on the spine...

Normally, there are no names... Same for this white label (or test pressing) but instead of 12 tracks, there are only 8... Hope Grant & Richard will out this album one day with the box they promise us...

Hi, hope u (you) r (are) well

someone just informed us via watmm, was planning to release a load of afx old unrel (unreleased) trx (tracks), – don’t do that! they will come out with a load more on a box-set or something at some point, best quality. If they r (are) bootlegged prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best regards

Grant & Richard

this test pressing contains only 8 tracks!!! it's just a promo use...

I think it's more a case of there only being 8 tracks to begin with, and the cassettes that got circulated ended up being more of a "demo" than anything else, containing some stuff he was working on (the early versions of Rock Witch and Fingerbib).

damn there's like 7 versions available on ebay... one looks like a promo (white/blank cover version??)

m0mE__RBmRW4nfzm7HN_Acg.jpg

mASvSlHtoB8G0jCsYvf6JQQ.jpg

mASvSlHtoB8G0jCsYvf6JQQ.jpg

z135cuakiizkrm1axvchk31meqe.png <------------ white label promo version?????

mVU-gp5cjaV0JyOtivqP3kg.jpg <--- early original edition?

• 3 months later...

Any news on the testpressing?

I think in an interview Richard said that the AB5 and MFM test pressings didn't get sold because he might want to release it at some point. I think the seller was one of the Mikes? P. or Dred? At least someone known to him so he just asked him not to sell those.

It's getting predictable, isn't it? :music: I'm with Stephen, this is clearly a promotional campaign for the new version of MFM, just like the CWLP was a promotional campaign for Syro. It's time for Grant to find a new job, maybe? LOL.

Any news on the testpressing?

What do you mean? It's in the hands of a collector, if that's what you wanted to know.

It's getting predictable, isn't it? :music: I'm with Stephen, this is clearly a promotional campaign for the new version of MFM, just like the CWLP was a promotional campaign for Syro. It's time for Grant to find a new job, maybe? LOL.

Erm, no. CWLP had nothing to do with SYRO; SYRO was in WARP's offices in December. Just coincidence.

Erm, no. CWLP had nothing to do with SYRO; SYRO was in WARP's offices in December. Just coincidence.

Aphex..... Coincidence?

does not compute.

edit: also it being in Warp's offices since December doesn't mean much at all. New merch was being put out, there was activity through official aphex outlets, grants posting hinting about a kickstarter, etc etc etc all happened over the course of a year.

After 13 years a year or two long marketing stunt isn't that far fetched. I'm not saying you knew anything about it of course, you could have been taken for a ride just like the rest of us.

And either way it's all awesome. CWLP = great, Syro = great.

Great!

Archived