Open Letter 2 Richard D. James

Ivan Ooze

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester/Metz 7" split release, please

...and the Minehead ATP track, nes pas?

MMM 12" please

Am I the only one whose favourite is the Singapore track? It's so joyous and beautiful

I'm working on releasing ariel funck soon, hold your horses. Based on seeing how people release mediocre albums for $5. I'm thinking of charging people $3 for an around 40min track. Fair?

I'm working on releasing ariel funck soon, hold your horses. Based on seeing how people release mediocre albums for $5. I'm thinking of charging people $3 for an around 40min track. Fair?

My mate Randolph is a fucking assassin and is charging me 40 grand to kill you. It's a bit expensive as I'd rather like to spend some money traveling across Canada, I'd also like to visit Bolivia and Chile and gaze into the lifeless eyes of the stone Moai on Easter Island. So I'm thinking of starting a kickstarter to raise the extra cash. Fair?

My mate Randolph is a fucking assassin and is charging me 40 grand to kill you. It's a bit expensive as I'd rather like to spend some money traveling across Canada, I'd also like to visit Bolivia and Chile and gaze into the lifeless eyes of the stone Moai on Easter Island. So I'm thinking of starting a kickstarter to raise the extra cash. Fair?

Well kickstarter is really just a promotional sites where people can buy tiers of products. Caustic Window worked out because it was by the famous Richard and was an old album that went unreleased. If Joyrex released the album on bandcamp and charged people money that way, it'd still sell. Most of the shit you see on kickstarter gets you shit by you spending more money. if you get like autographed printed CDs or pay more for Vinyl, pay a few thousand then you spend a day hanging out with the artist, etc. If you can print vinyls and shit then yeah kickstarter is a good idea. Indie games are the best for kickstarter.

on a side note for me releasing music. I don't like to charging people for mediocre music, and my music standards are very high. I'm pretty much doing charity considering all the shitty music people pay money for. Plus, my current composition skills are still lacking. A lot of my shit are pretty arbitrary, and sometimes even if it doesn't sound perfect, I'm like ah fuck it.

yay come visit beerboss :beer:

Guest Retrig

Is he one of those evil racist Seattle rave thugs I've heard about?

hey rich whats up with all that stuff i heard about the other day from a friend? he said you're sitting on the edge of your seat, viciously waiting to be dribbled by the dogs (metaphorical term for your fans i assume?) anyway the jig is up, WATMM will obviously figure out what you did because we get to the bottom of everything just ask. Just ask.

just ask

• 1 month later...

Manchester/Metz 7" split release, please

...and the Minehead ATP track, nes pas?

MMM 12" please

Am I the only one whose favourite is the Singapore track? It's so joyous and beautiful

I'm with ya

Hey actually, serious question, Mr. James, for reals:

Are you going to keep the Analord and Tuss downloads (Rephlex site) offline forever? This is like THE TIME that I'm guessing there's lots of renewed interest in buying, as people like me want to catch up on the few releases we didn't have yet. I will always pay for an artist's work when they make it POSSIBLE.

Oh great Joyrex, can you actually find this out with all your connections? Serious yo.

Are you going to keep the Analord and Tuss downloads (Rephlex site) offline forever? This is like THE TIME that I'm guessing there's lots of renewed interest in buying, as people like me want to catch up on the few releases we didn't have yet. I will always pay for an artist's work when they make it POSSIBLE.

Oh great Joyrex, can you actually find this out with all your connections? Serious yo.

a member here on watmm who has connections 2 rephlex told me it's not riphlex yet and i believe him so be patient my friend!

first we go syrobonkers

a member here on watmm who has connections 2 rephlex told me it's not riphlex yet and i believe him so be patient my friend!

first we go syrobonkers

It's not riphlex yet? I no comprendo.

While waiting to go syrobonkers is the perfect time to be catching up on old stuff!

Might be a stupid question, but is there any evidence that James actually reads this (or any other AT forum)?

Autechre's Sean answer in the AAA thread to someone who asked if he "dips in" at watmm from time to time

yeah i mean, i come here, not as much if we don't have anything out but around release

everyone does it, they're all in here

Might be a stupid question, but is there any evidence that James actually reads this (or any other AT forum)?

Autechre's Sean answer in the AAA thread to someone who asked if he "dips in" at watmm from time to time

yeah i mean, i come here, not as much if we don't have anything out but around release

everyone does it, they're all in here

/feels uncomfortable sensation in butt area. uuu jesus, jesus christ.

5b3073c540c7a4c76804c6eaf577434d.jpg

first we go syrobonkers

While waiting to go syrobonkers is the perfect time to be catching up on old stuff!

Rephlex isn't over, I'd say they're shapeshifting. I don't have high hopes the site will come back. It was an experiment, it didn't work out for them for whatever reason (I really liked it and thought it had great potential), but if there's one thing I've learned over the years is that it isn't a goal for Rephlex to cash in.

Anyway, they're manifesting themselves through different channels, putting emphasis on the artist instead of the label. The Rephlex bods release mainly through direct mailorder or bandcamp now. Keep an eye on the EDM / Aleksi Perala / Monolith / EOD / etc. threads is the best way to keep up with it all I guess!

first we go syrobonkers

Rephlex isn't over, I'd say they're shapeshifting. I don't have high hopes the site will come back. It was an experiment, it didn't work out for them for whatever reason (I really liked it and thought it had great potential), but if there's one thing I've learned over the years is that it isn't a goal for Rephlex to cash in.

Anyway, they're manifesting themselves through different channels, putting emphasis on the artist instead of the label. The Rephlex bods release mainly through direct mailorder or bandcamp now. Keep an eye on the EDM / Aleksi Perala / Monolith / EOD / etc. threads is the best way to keep up with it all I guess!

Rephlex is most definitely a very eccentric label. I like it that way.

I guess whoever that was said it best in the prior "where to get digital Analord?" thread --

Rephlex: Trying not to be a record label since 1991.

Archived