IGNORED

Rustie - green language

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard this last night, was quite a banger but largely forgettable I felt. Might need a few more plays.

Annie also played a new Jamie XX track that was pretty cool, loads of old vocal snippets from early 90s rave tapes

The remixes he's been doing since the last album have made my interest fade slightly in him. It's now picked up again after hearing raptor, good stuff.

well I think it's fucking garbage. Rustie peaked 4 years ago with the Sunburst ep. Since then he's just got worse. This is like a shit version of Triadzzz and that's saying something.

Hopefully the album is good though cos he's undoubtedly talented.

I guess this will delay the long overdue HudMo LP... he needs to get that stuff out, Chimes especially.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't spot these references earlier:

The album was written and recorded at 4am to the sound of birdsong in a remote location in his native Scotland, influenced by nature, birds and sunrise. ‘Green Language’ features Danny Brown, D Double E and Redinho. The tracks are expansive and expressive compositions inspired by post-rock bands such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor and My Bloody Valentine, trance, and the Glasgow electronic scene he helped to mould.

Well it could be great, but it definitely has the potential to be a complete mess.

i wish that people like rustie and hudmo would keep these bangers for EPs... i mean it's OK but it's doesn't have anything that cool or melodic... it's forgettable, thank god DB got on that track

Archived