IGNORED

Rustie - green language

Rustie? not usually my cup of tea, but I rather like this, it's pretty good.

Maybe Syro has destroyed all my usual cynicism's and put me in really fucking good mood. Probably.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised it's got so much love here. I like it and it probably will grow on me like Glass Penises but I just don't like these collaborations much. I guess it's been coming with the things he's been putting on Soundcloud and such. Doubt I'll get it on vinyl.

Guest trananhhung

Pre-ordered it and I wish I could get my money back from iTunes. It's all over the place. The pace is horrendous.

Lost is an abomination. There are really cute tracks that sound like what I would call dreamdubstep. But then the vocal tracks... The minute you hear what comes up must come down you realise it's really going down.

Guest trananhhung

And I don't get I you would put all those mainstream pop sounding tracks in the middle of fluffy delicate ambient pieces. Just go completely pop or ambient next time. It hardly sounds like an album. It's so shuffled that I feel angry.

Is Rustie being too conceptual for me?

Its like he wrote all these cool melodies on Glass Swords and then completely forgot how to do that. I don't even get the feeling that he was trying to do something different.

Guest trananhhung

Hey Rustie, if you want to know how a coherent album should sound like try the new The Bug album. That album's a masterpiece.

The tracks not featuring rappers are pretty good, I kinda wanna just take them out and make a playlist of the instrumentals.

Glass Swords was my favorite record of 2011, sorta disappointed by this but we'll see

My biggest deal are the track lengths. A glimpse, paradise stone, tempest, lets spiral and green language could go on for another 2 minutes and build into badass melodies, but they just stop right when they get going, kinda like the latest BoC release. It sucks because I saw him live a few weeks ago and it really got me pumped for the album and it seems that there were unreleased tracks he played that seemed stronger than these. Idk, two fucking intro tracks (workship, a glimpse)? I really was let down especially after waiting 3 years.

Guest jasondonervan

My copy turned up today. 2 days shipping from Japan to the UK, which should be music to the ears of prospective owners of the JPN edition of Syro.

Anyhoo, here's the bonus track for the WATMM, as is tradition:

http://youtu.be/IX6xEXzramA

ibpyI60FNXQPkI.JPG

^ Pitchfork endorsement lel

i1Jck01E5gM4S.JPG

ibj76cmQCPczV8.JPG

My copy turned up today. 2 days shipping from Japan to the UK, which should be music to the ears of prospective owners of the JPN edition of Syro.

Anyhoo, here's the bonus track for the WATMM, as is tradition:

http://youtu.be/IX6xEXzramA

:music: :music: :music: :music: now easily one of my fave tracks

Archived