IGNORED

IDM dudes please rate Radiohead albums

beerwolf

I've been playing In Rainbows of late and after not being too interested in it when it was released and its blowing my ears off. Wow.

So I decided it would be interesting (because I'm bored at home) to rate your Radiohead albums, just like they do over in the Aw-tek-er subforum. For obvious reasons I'll start. Oh and if you hate Radiohead don't feel left out, maybe write a list of why you hate them, but not too many as to spoil the In Rainbows-Zen-Like-Vibe I'm currently bathing in.

In Rainbows

OK Computer

Kid A

The Bends

Hail to the Thief

King of Limbs

Amnesiac

Pablo Honey (never heard)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amnesiac: good.

Kid A: good.

Hail to the Thief: ok, but contains filler.

OK Computer: ok, but contains cheesy shit.

The Bends: bad, corrupt music.

Pablo Honey: irrelevant.

In Rainbows: decent album.

King of Limbs: a couple of good tracks, the rest is filler.

Basically,

The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief they are on top of their game, yo. They have their moments on later albums too but they had a great run there IMO.

I like shuffling their tracks though rather than listening straight through their albums these days.

The Bends

OK Computer

Pablo Honey

Kind of just stopped paying attention/buying the albums after that but I'm sure there was good stuff on at least Kid A and Amnesiac. No idea about anything after that.

Apparently I like "electronic" Radiohead better than their more guitar-based incarnation, but they're one of my favorite bands.

Amnesiac
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The King of Limbs
The Bends
Pablo Honey

As a bonus, I'm rating their EPs:

Com Lag
Airbag
My Iron Lung
No Surprises
TKOLRMX1234567
Itch
Drill

the bends

pablo honey

ok computer

radiohead kinda ended with ok computer and became just another soulless electro-techno band.

Defiantly the most unexpected list of the day (for watmm). I'd say In Rainbows has plenty of soul, it's a pretty warm album compared to the colder IDM influenced ones.

Kid A (I can't stand The National Anthem and I always skip it)

In Rainbows

Hail to the Thief (the 3 or 4 tracks that are good on this release are about as good as Radiohead gets but its mostly filler)

OK Computer / The Bends / Pablo Honey may as well have been released by a different band. OK Computer is an incredible album but has been ruined by people who also listen to Oasis. The Bends is my pick of their more indie rock sound.

Well what you're doing is more of a ranking than a rating. So, I'll do both on mine because I am also bored at home.

In Rainbows 10/10

Ok Computer 10/10

The Bends 9/10

Amnesiac 8/10

Kid A 8/10

Never owned Hail to the Thief or Pablo Honey.

Kid A (11/10) greatest album ever IMO

Amnesiac (9.9/10)

Hail to the Thief (9/10)

Ok Computer (8.5/10, if it weren't for electioneering this would beat HTTT)

In Rainbows (8/10, very pretty album but relies too much on the string arrangements)

The King of Limbs (7/10, just not very strong. Live versions of these are 100 times better)

The Bends (6.5/10)

Pablo Honey (2/10)

ok computer>the bends=in rainbows=amnesiac>kid a>hail to the thief>>>king of limbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pablo honey

If anyone's interested in the In Rainbows box set, and The King of Limbs 2x10" packet, I'd be willing to sell them for a reasonable price.

I also have the Kid A Capitol repress.

And with regards to their records, I don't really care for anything before Kid A anymore, guess it's just how music tastes have swung.

So I'll rank Kid A onwards:

Kid A

In Rainbows

Amnesiac

The King of Limbs

Hail to the Thief

I really disliked HTTT, was pretty experimental but generic at the same time. I dunno.

Archived