IGNORED

Death Grips broke up lol

LimpyLoo

I always thought Death Grips were

fake, calculated, pseudo-punk-industrial-hip hop hipster garbage.

Good riddance Death Grips. Please NEVER come back.

fuck off, useless cunt.

How about respect my opinion, you massive, massive cunt.

it ain't even about your opinion. I don't care if you love or hate Death Grips. most WATMMers - many of whom I respect and admire - seem to fall on the latter side of the line anyway, no biggie.

it's your shitty attitude, coupled with your posting history. you sound like you don't know shit outside of AFX/Rephlex. you put yourself at odds with the majority of WATMM's embracing of music beyond IDM, which is basically one of the best things still going for this place. and what, like the rest of us really needed to urgently know your opinion so you blew up the font-size for our convenience?

anyway, don't mind me. I look forward with bated breath to your next thread about which of Richard's balls hangs lower than the other.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Death Grips were

fake, calculated, pseudo-punk-industrial-hip hop hipster garbage.

Good riddance Death Grips. Please NEVER come back.

fuck off, useless cunt.

How about respect my opinion, you massive, massive cunt.

it ain't even about your opinion. I don't care if you love or hate Death Grips. most WATMMers - many of whom I respect and admire - seem to fall on the latter side of the line anyway, no biggie.

it's your shitty attitude, coupled with your posting history. you sound like you don't know shit outside of AFX/Rephlex. you put yourself at odds with the majority of WATMM's embracing of music beyond IDM, which is basically one of the best things still going for this place. and what, like the rest of us really needed to urgently know your opinion so you blew up the font-size for our convenience?

anyway, don't mind me. I look forward with bated breath to your next thread about which of Richard's balls hangs lower than the other.

Hey not taking his side, explicitly... and I know I'm constantly a cunt too.... but I agree with his definition of death grips.

Your burn was still stellar as shit though!!! lol

its a bummer for me... but at least I have some nice death grips releases to fall back on and listen to while I stare whistfully at the lake. cant say that I do that with say... afx and sp anymore.

Both usagi and klopjob have had their say now, no need to pile on mgf. What is with everyone the last couple of days. I will delete everything in the thread not related to deathgrips and their passing and other stuff that comes out of that that isn't this argument, from hence forth. Anyone who carries on will probably be warned or suspended for a day or two to calm down. This is because the argument has become rather personal.

cheers

I thought they were alright. I think I'm population one though. Off of The Money Store I liked like 3 songs. And that's alright in my book. Their style didn't really gel with me. The songs I tended to like were like... on the fringes of the style that got them famous. Like Get Got. That's my favorite track from them that I've heard, but usually their stuff is much more abrasive and lo fi than that.

Well i for one am excited to potentially hear new Hella or Zach Hill solo stuff in the near future. I really loved the first three DG albums, but it did seem like they were burning themselves out after their sudden rise to fame. This seems like a pretty perfect ending for them, and not at all surprising.

Guest Gravity

Sucks about the breakup.

At least Jenny Death is still coming out, was afraid it would have been cancelled...

It's taking shitty music out of the system. At least the average quality of music will rise a few points over the next few years without death grips. =)

huh?

What is Death Grips? Never heard of them. Is this some newfangled hipster shit?

Spot on. *no offence, i like me some Death Grips, but i have no feelings because of that "conceptual art exhibition" bullshit as the last word, fuck them i can do better*

Kept having them pop up on facebook, but never took the time to check them out. So I guess their break up is probably a good time as any to listen to their music and it's pretty good!

I feel like there is probably like 15-20 people are legitimately sad by this and the rest are just people who saw their reviews on Pitchfork and are just pretend sads.

Also Trent Reznor is the fucking worst.

Archived