IGNORED

Death Grips broke up lol

LimpyLoo

I feel like there is probably like 15-20 people are legitimately sad by this and the rest are just people who saw their reviews on Pitchfork and are just pretend sads.

Also Trent Reznor is the fucking worst.

Don't let this scenario you pretend exists make you really sad. It's not worth it.

Sorry, Macarthyism in any form gets to me.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

piss off

'above other artists' you supremacist. music and art are not a competition. it is there for us to consume and enjoy, to reflect upon and enrich our lives.

from memory the only time usagi shuts people down is when they're acting like right pricks. I aim to do the same.

tumblr_inline_mi4sb678iz1qz4rgp.gif

most of their stuff is unlistenable. i don't get how or why they became such a big deal.

The fact that there's people on a forum like WATMM saying this kinda stuff baffles me. How can an IDM/braindance fan say that? How can you be so close minded? I get that you personally don't like it, but do you seriously not understand that somebody else could like it? Jesus

The Watmm divide! Death Grips, Die Antwoord, Things not IDM but are really more IDM than IDM... Shit like that!

most of their stuff is unlistenable. i don't get how or why they became such a big deal.

The fact that there's people on a forum like WATMM saying this kinda stuff baffles me. How can an IDM/braindance fan say that? How can you be so close minded? I get that you personally don't like it, but do you seriously not understand that somebody else could like it? Jesus

^^^^THIS

The Watmm divide! Death Grips, Die Antwoord, Things not IDM but are really more IDM than IDM... Shit like that!

See, I think Die Antwoord are pretty much shit. However, I don't call them unlistenable or parade around my dislike of them. I just don't enjoy them in the least. Simple, personal, contained hatred! :diablo:

^^^^THIS

See, I think Die Antwoord are pretty much shit. However, I don't call them unlistenable or parade around my dislike of them. I just don't enjoy them in the least. Simple, personal, contained hatred! :diablo:

Yeah... I'm not a fan of DA either. but Death Grips, Yes! I like those guys. I find it a waste of time and energy talking about shit/music I don't like. focus all my spare time on the stuff I do enjoy.

CORRECTED

"The fact that there are people on a forum like WATMM expressing their own opinions kinda baffles me"

CORRECTED

"The fact that there are people on a forum like WATMM expressing their own opinions kinda baffles me"

I get what you're saying Phyl, but... "their stuff is unlistenable", alright, that's his opinion (though it reads like he's stating a fact). It's the "i don't get how or why they became such a big deal." that's kind of annoying. One thing is not liking something, and other is not understanding how anyone can like something you don't. It's the later that's worrying

I can say sincerely I loved a few tracks off their first album, especially the opening tune with the Charlie Manson sample, jesus that track is a fucking classic.

Everything since then imo just became souless shoutwankfest. And I don't give a flying fuck that they split.

But if you do care, that's cool with me.

One of my favorite bands. I can agree that their first two albums were just absurdly fucking awesome and they sort of spiraled out of control after that, but damn they were always interesting.

For those who haven't listened, The Money Store is a balls to the wall fucking classic.

I'm actually very surprised that most of you think Death Grips were shit, but it's okay because we all have our own opinions and they're fun to talk about.

I liked them a lot because their beats and production were always top notch. Like Mesh Gear Fox said earlier, yeah, MC Ride's vocals were cringe-inducing at times, and I personally liked him better when he was calmer like on Get Got and Stockton, but he wasn't unlistenable. At the very least, Grips were worth listening to for their good ideas and "challenging" style.

nothing wrong with it! I've been hit with a usagi cold cock before and it knocked me the fuck out, it's done in such a way where it seems without much malice just a harsh but friendly reminder to stop being a gigantic cunt

edit: fuck it, not worth it.

they're allowed to do whatever the fuck they like as a band and y'all have to understand that. if you're a fan complaining, show some respect for all the music they've given you. if you're not a fan, take your shit elsewhere or be respectful that people actually like this band. i don't want to see the same dumb shit that people think about how they don't get it or like it. boo hoo. fuck off.

Why do you act like the forum police all the time?

Lighten up!

edit: fuck it, not worth it.

they're allowed to do whatever the fuck they like as a band and y'all have to understand that. if you're a fan complaining, show some respect for all the music they've given you. if you're not a fan, take your shit elsewhere or be respectful that people actually like this band. i don't want to see the same dumb shit that people think about how they don't get it or like it. boo hoo. fuck off.

Why do you act like the forum police all the time?

Lighten up!

whudafukizu?

Why are you policing the police? He's coo meng.... He's coo.

Edit: Also he's posting and "policing" far less frequently than he used to. Lighten up! =)

Shame. I liked 'em. Good thing I didn't buy those NIN tickets considering seeing them open was a great incentive for going to that show.

This has left me holding my nuts in the cold, although I never quite counted on them showing.

Yeah, I had a feeling this would happen. That, coupled with the fact that I don't really like Soundgarden, caused me not to buy the tickets. .... But I still haven't seen NIN live, so I need to make that happen one day.

loved the first two albums, thought no love deep webb was boring, and never really paid much attention afterwards - think I heard government plates once, and didn't even know about niggas on the moon until just now when i looked them up as a result of reading about their break-up.

so i guess thanks for the first two albums - those were some raw awesome tracks.

Yeah, I had a feeling this would happen. That, coupled with the fact that I don't really like Soundgarden, caused me not to buy the tickets. .... But I still haven't seen NIN live, so I need to make that happen one day.

08pare.1-500.jpg

Archived