IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on a recent conversation I had with Richard, he says "new shit is imminent" - a new release is due soon. Let's speculate, dream, wish, beg, etc. - and hopefully this thread will be unpinned in short order and replaced with a "Aphex Twin - XXXXXX" release thread!

Okay- so after doing some detective work on this with some of the greatest detective minds of all time, we've figured some things out.

Here is the final analysis from our IDM Detectives:

This now famous "new shit is imminent" line, was gathered from a casual spoken conversation over phone/skype between Joyrex and ze Richard. Main content/purpose of conversation was the kickstarter record sale. The conversation was guided towards talk of a new release with something along the lines of, "Caustic Window was from such a long time ago, when's new shit coming? (hardy har har)", followed up with, "So how's a new release looking?" Answer: "New shit is imminent." HERE IS THE KEY... What was really answered is: "New shi' is 'im, innit?"

New shit is him? New shit is dim?

Anyway, I hope this investigation helps-- at most, absolutely nothing. At least-- fucking negative everything. I spent nearly $500k gathering the great detective minds from across the globe to a secret Faraday cage bunker------- I hope it was worth it.

Joyrex said we were supposed to hear/see something around october whatever it's music, infos, and another dude here confirmed because he knows some RDJ pals

gonna stick with this for now and wait for it

seen few ITW he made lately (over the last couple of years)

he was mentioning several times that he hasn't released his best and innovative work yet

it's the time now :aphexsign:

Shit's not happenin' innit

What are you talking about, man? Shit's definitely happening: that Vice interview with the former graphic designer from "...I care because you do", the Caustic Window thing, the Fact April Fool's, etc. Are you winding us up?

What are you talking about, man? Shit's definitely happening: that Vice interview with the former graphic designer from "...I care because you do", the Caustic Window thing, the Fact April Fool's, etc. Are you winding us up?

I really can't see Warp or Aphex orchestrating all that just to hype up the next album. Articles like these have appeared constantly for years without anything happening. I do believe there's something coming up, not only because of what Aphex said to Joyrex, but also remembering Steve Beckett's interview from years ago where he said he signed Aphex for a few more albums, but that BoC will be up first (that last bit was told by Beckett to someone on here I believe). So, there will be something this decade at least!

thumb.jpg

Right, there has been a lot of murmuring about Aphex pretty constantly since the last Warp releases, but these things seem to be happening with more frequency and via more high-profile institutions (as opposed to more minor media outlets), no?

NEW APHEX TWIN ALBUM THIS YEAR.

iunno

what if new album is so quite good we can't understands it

i really hope it will be the case !

i want something complicate, i'll be mad fist listen, but i'd have bought the whole physical package anyway, so few days later i re-listen, then some tracks stand out and then.

yeahhhhhh

pretty much all my fav albums have been through this pattern

Guest skibby

what if new album is so quite good we can't understands it

it will probably take 5 or 10 years before people realize its good. past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results however. but this is the best data we have so far. 5 or 10 or 15 years later, the edible portions and nutes get sorted from the inedible mucosa scrapers.

Richard D. James exists... I saw him yesterday, I shook his hand and felt his scent. - and yeah, i can't tell you more when, where, who, whom, ..., ..., but it's not important* - Otherwise, with his smile as we know, he told me "New Shit Is Eminem!"

Sorry, maybe it was "New Shit Is Emminent!", but as some of you know i'm deaf... i can't help all of you more... C'est la vie! Mystery will surprise us!

because it's just bullshit

Guest skibby

Richard D. James exists... I saw him yesterday, I shook his hand and felt his scent. - and yeah, i can't tell you more when, where, who, whom, ..., ..., but it's not important* - Otherwise, with his smile as we know, he told me "New Shit Is Eminem!"

Sorry, maybe it was "New Shit Is Emminent!", but as some of you know i'm deaf... i can't help all of you more... C'est la vie! Mystery will surprise us!

because it's just bullshit

13427739_2.jpg?v=8CF3C5C8C8B5A90

Archived