IGNORED

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The recording did start during The Division Bell sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled ‘The Big Spliff’ that [Pink Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about),

Well, I'm sold

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/more-details-on-pink-floyds-new-album-no-roger-waters-no-plans-for-tour/

Robert Walter isn't on the album, I'm not really expecting much musically. It'll probably suffer from bad lyrics too.

Meanwhile, singer Durga McBroom-Hudson, who guests on the album, revealed the music is ambient in nature and originally intended for a scrapped album called The Big Spliff.

This is kind of reassuring though. I don't listen to Division Bell as a whole, but I do like the opening track and the first part of Marooned a whole lot.

And I mean that halfway section in Echoes. Damn.

But that was another time and again, Ronald Wethers.

I hope this album has standard David Gilmour lyrics about remembering things and warmth touching your insides and horrible rhyming couplets

i'm stoked, but at the same time, its whatever. i don't even consider myself a floyd fan but i always loved their album artwork when i was a kid.

Guest uiert

Could be good as a stand alone album. DB was never the strongest PF album, but overall it's a fine new age rock album. I liked the ambient sections a lot. I wish that vocals will be kept to a minimum. After all ( as I recall ) the outtakes are ambient pieces created 20 years ago. I am unsure if adding vocals will add positively to the music. We will see.

Never liked the Orb/Gilmour collaboration.

Archived