IGNORED

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be cool if i was amongst other divine roles, the deity of deletion, and you prayed to me and it was wiped from your harddrive. heh. Sounds like a lot of work, maybe it's automated with software spirits that work for me that you install a shrine to on your system to help whisk away the unwanted files.

praise be dleeta

The new single came on the radio yesterday. Definitely listenable, but not something I'd actually choose to listen to.

I'll check out the album on Spotify at some point. Something tells me I'm going to be disappointed if I choose to buy the CD.

Dont do it. My friend use it in a sleep therapy group with great succes.

Well, I haven't listened to this yet so forgive me if my comments are out of order, but you'd think that this project would have been better off as an 'Experience' or 'Immersion' release for The Division Bell, rather than a full-blown new album.

Pink Floyd has always struck me as a band with a ton of credibility and artistic integrity, so it's kinda surprising that they'd want to put out some old instrumental leftovers and label it as their 15th studio album. Also, if their estimated net worth is anything to go by, it's not like they need the money. Bit of an odd move.

The new single came on the radio yesterday. Definitely listenable, but not something I'd actually choose to listen to.

I'll check out the album on Spotify at some point. Something tells me I'm going to be disappointed if I choose to buy the CD.

Dont do it. My friend use it in a sleep therapy group with great succes.

Hey now, SAW2 used to send me to sleep all the time, and that's one of my all-time favourites. :wink:

The Endless River (of cash)

hopefully...for the estate of Rick Wright. Rick is credited as a writer on most of the tunes and the album is a fitting (IMO) tribute to the man. As David Gilmour has done before by reissuing Syd Barrett material, which provides money to his family, it's not about lining Gilmour's pockets.

If you honestly think Gilmour and Mason, at this point in their lives, are motivated to make more money...please. We would have seen more Pink Floyd tours since the Division Bell tour in 1994.

This album was done as a sendoff to Pink Floyd, and more importantly, Richard Wright. RIP.

^ nice point of view.
I just listened to one song of the album which totally sounded like a rip-off of Time (like, it was exacty the same chord progression, bar one - not to mention the really, really similar guitar solo). Kind of disappointing but I need to hear it in its full form yet !

The Endless River (of cash)

hopefully...for the estate of Rick Wright. Rick is credited as a writer on most of the tunes and the album is a fitting (IMO) tribute to the man. As David Gilmour has done before by reissuing Syd Barrett material, which provides money to his family, it's not about lining Gilmour's pockets.

If you honestly think Gilmour and Mason, at this point in their lives, are motivated to make more money...please. We would have seen more Pink Floyd tours since the Division Bell tour in 1994.

This album was done as a sendoff to Pink Floyd, and more importantly, Richard Wright. RIP.

Well, if that's the sole reason for releasing this album, just send their family a cheque and don't ruin a mythical name. ;) I checked your theory and Wright is credited on 11 songs while Gilmour is credited on 15 songs and Mason on 1. So the biggest money will go to Gilmour as usual but Wright will be getting his fair share indeed. The question is, how would you feel if your favorite artist released a shitty album but then argued that who cares if it's shitty, it's for my dead friend's family and my fans are so dumb they will buy the album anyway?

I've read a fair bit of positivity for this album in various places online, for what it's worth. I mean, obviously it's fucking terrible, but browsing the right videos on YouTube will turn up thousands of people who like unimaginative mellow new-age-ish tosh, so y'know. I'm sure lots of people will get something out of it. I'm most interested in how this will affect their 'legacy' in ten or twenty years time.

I don't think that effects legacy. The fact that it's toss does depress in that it demeans older persons right to be able to be seen as creative, inventive, artistically intresting. Come on guys, buck the trend and put out something super. Does it matter though, clearly without waters it's going to lack musical direction or make a statement and beyond all that floyd is aging stoner rock nwae.

Finally decided to give it a listen. Not a bad album by any means, but I just don't know how necessary it is as part of the main Pink Floyd saga. There's nothing in there that we haven't heard before. Like someone said a few posts back, there's a track in there that's a lot like Time, and there's another one that sounds like a new-age One of These Days.

I still stand by me pre-listen thoughts though. They should have taken the best of these 'outtakes' and spruced them up for a 20 year anniversary release of The Division Bell. An entirely new Floyd album is a bit overkill.

5/10

Archived