IGNORED

Flying Lotus - You're Dead!

Guest bitroast

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said it'll feature him rapping a lot and many jazzy melodies. ok.

where did you see that?

Maybe it's the full length captain murphy release he said was on the way last year

edit: no probably not cap murph, it says FL in the top left corner there... hmm!

Guest bitroast

I was going to add quotation marks to the thread title to make it "LP5" but realised I can only edit the post not the thread title. sorry about lying in OP (í'd edit the comment saying i'll edit the thread title but .. ehhhhh)

@RasheedTheGreat: @flyinglotus Is your new album going to have more of a Jazz feel or...?”Yes. I imagine it will b kind of jarring at first

@fuckseabass: @flyinglotus is it gonna be a captain murphy album?”... it's a flylo album this time but the captain is all over it.

Saw it on twitter. Can't believe i found the posts immediately. I had kinda hoped he'd keep Captain Murphey and Flying Lotus seperate, but we'll see how he handles it. Might be awesome! OR it might feel like there wasn't enough of the FlyLo sound. I don't see how anything will be jarring. I wonder what he means.

I'm pretty sure he also stated that another Captain Murphy album will come out separately. Hopefully the Flylo album doesn't house the best Captain Murphy tracks, and he just puts the lesser ones on the CM album. I doubt it.

not psyched about the CM angle

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

yeh. exactly. I hope the CM angle is unique on the FlyLo record. He's only had one record out as CM so who knows what other ideas he has?

i actually got excited thinking this was Flying Lotus doing a conceptual cover album of Autechre's LP5, color me super fucking dissapointed

lel

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

:golf clap:

I just had to google two names to understand this but I still lol'd

i like my vanilla chai how i like my pickles; maxmsp.

But naw, I don't.

He has two albums of Jazz tinged delights already, I thought this was going to be his take on ambient? not that I'm complaining or anything because Flying Lotus is Lotus Flying.

I liked the CM stuff but I can only listen to that every so often. I could listen to any of FL's albums and listen to it for a week straight. Duality didn't offer that for me unfortunately.

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Really excited about this! This is probably going to be one of my musical highlights of 2014.

btw The artwork looks pretty awesome. I looked up Shintaro Kago, and discovered some interesting stuff... :fear:

Archived