IGNORED

Flying Lotus - You're Dead!

Guest bitroast

fucking change your name to "Flying Lotus and The _________" if you're going to rely on collaborations for almost every single track. i miss flylo when it was just flylo

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arf! The japanese bonus track is not interesting...

is it the same as the bonus track on the vinyl version ? (the ambient one ?)

What? Does it exist a vinyl version with da 20 tracks? It's only from CD japanese import. Maybe from iTunes... But yeah this track is an ambient track, right. Not interesting track or just to close this album as a final... (as the end of the world? lol) - But i'm curious to know the vinyl version u've got... ;-)

Guest bitroast

What? Does it exist a vinyl version with da 20 tracks? It's only from CD japanese import. Maybe from iTunes... But yeah this track is an ambient track, right. Not interesting track or just to close this album as a final... (as the end of the world? lol) - But i'm curious to know the vinyl version u've got... ;-)

confirmed! the vinyl version has the jap bonus track as hidden track at end of record (not specified on printed tracklist).

I didn't even realise it was a bonus track listening to the album. having a moments ambience after the album seemed pretty fitting in my opinion. there's a minute or so silence between last track and bonus track as well.

confirmed! the vinyl version has the jap bonus track as hidden track at end of record (not specified on printed tracklist).

I didn't even realise it was a bonus track listening to the album. having a moments ambience after the album seemed pretty fitting in my opinion. there's a minute or so silence between last track and bonus track as well.

Ok Thanks for ur answer, i don't have the vinyl. Just seen on discogs. The title is "Protector" and his lenght is 2:11. Is the same lenght from vinyl?

This album is fun, but just a kids game compare to TH, and someone here who shroomed on this, should def try TH, it's very intense,ok /oftopic

The problem I had with TH is that it's about as intense as a plain bowl of oatmeal.

You're Dead is like some spicy gumbo or something.

Guest bitroast

Ok Thanks for ur answer, i don't have the vinyl. Just seen on discogs. The title is "Protector" and his lenght is 2:11. Is the same lenght from vinyl?

not sure never timed it :shrug:

Guest transmisiones ferox

This album is fun, but just a kids game compare to TH, and someone here who shroomed on this, should def try TH, it's very intense,ok /oftopic

The problem I had with TH is that it's about as intense as a plain bowl of oatmeal.

You're Dead is like some spicy gumbo or something.

I can't speak about FL much, because I listened to him very briefly...but maybe the problem with TH is that the themes and ideas are very strong connected to the music, you almost can't listen to it without going through your head with those ideas and messages, even the tracklist is like something like a book of revelation or some crazy shit, You'r Are Dead is just are very pleasant listening experience, which I enjoy

The video for Ready Err Not is out, and it's... messed up. It's one of my least fave tracks album unfortunately, but the video makes up for it.

After watching this horrid piece of ugliness I turned on the TV and the same song is heard on a commercial / bumper for a documentary about iceskating. Weird!

holy... i can't say it was pure pleasure watching the video, but flylo sure got my respect for not making any compromises. (or if he did, i'd be curious about the uncompromomising version...) interesting he chose this track of all things. maybe he just needed something that was at least over 2 min.?!

i do enjoy the never catch me vid though. it's got a cool vibe to it - kids being cool and all that... :dadjoke: then again it's a more traditional mtv (well, music video anyway) affair.

what's up with him and dead children though?? :confuzzled:

what's up with him and dead children though?? :confuzzled:

I think that's a question for David Firth, the director. Check out his Salad Fingers animations.

(Unless there's some dead children theme running through a ton of FlyLo tracks and vids I wasn't aware of.... referring to my first point --check out the Salad Fingers vids regardless.)

Boy, I burnt out on this record in like 1.5 listens.

I think his overblown, limited-to-death production is finally giving me listener fatigue.

Never bothered me before.

I mean, like...I have zero desire to listen to this again.

Weird.

I relate wholeheartedly. It's a perfectly solid LP, however, I feel I've outgrown Flying Lotus a little unfortunately. I really enjoyed his last 3 albums (even Until the Quiet Comes, which I rate quite highly), but this album just feels really disposable to me. It's good, but I fear it will be the last time I'll be buying a FlyLo album. I think I'm done, and am content with the LP releases he has already provided. He would need to really change up significantly to colour me interested in his future releases I feel.

I relate wholeheartedly. It's a perfectly solid LP, however, I feel I've outgrown Flying Lotus a little unfortunately. I really enjoyed his last 3 albums (even Until the Quiet Comes, which I rate quite highly), but this album just feels really disposable to me. It's good, but I fear it will be the last time I'll be buying a FlyLo album. I think I'm done, and am content with the LP releases he has already provided. He would need to really change up significantly to colour me interested in his future releases I feel.

Could not have said it better myself

This. Listened to it like three times or something. I don't really give a fudge about it anymore, even though it's pretty good. Sorry FlyLo, not denying you worked hard on this ofc, but even with all these jazz elements it still sounds like that LA brainfeeder stew which sounds lush but eventually expires and goes bland pretty quickly.

Archived