IGNORED

Chromatic Hash

Brisbot

Pretty cool, mang. Perhaps bit'o melodic elements to direct track in ways could uh... direct track in ways. Got a slight Shpongle vibe, in the best way possible.

The drums are blowing my mind!

Which part do you like the most?

wow this is superb! starts kind of slow but really opens up. would love to hear more

Oh no, I don't plan to stop. I'm currently thinking my way through another similar, more 'melodic' track like this.

Pretty cool, mang. Perhaps bit'o melodic elements to direct track in ways could uh... direct track in ways. Got a slight Shpongle vibe, in the best way possible.

I was going for a stronger rhythmic vibe than melodic in this track. Could you point to the part you're talking about? Also, I guess I kinda do sound like Shpongle, cept anything a eastern-y scale would I think. Thought it does sound like he likes to use voice elements in the same ways I do. Heh. Edit: okay I take that back, I'm listening to this track 'how the jellyfish jumped up the mountain' and it sounds like we used a few of the exact same sounds. Wtf. >.> Well I really like it. He's definitely more 'ambient' than I am though.

Very enjoyable sounds going on here. Agree with peace though, could do with a melodic (or like, y'know, whatever) element to tie it all together.

I don't quite understand the criticism. It feels very round to me, except perhaps toward the end. Could you point out what you mean? I am still in the 'composition' stage so.

Thank you for listening!

I love it when vocals are mangled up digitally in a tune! ♥ Kinda reminds me of Bit_meddler in a way, although not as crazy. And I'm happy it's not compressed to shit, as the dynamics in the first minute or two are great. *thumbs up*

Guest SampleScience

Really original track. I like the weird vocal effects and the percussions are solid. The only thing it missed is some kind of bassline and/or riffs to sustain the track, especially for the first 2 minutes.

track is awesome, but i miss a bassline, sorry for the cheesy comment. i do believe that's the melodic content that people say is missing on your track... when the beat kicks in @1:50, that's where i found out that what i was missing was a bass.

I love it when vocals are mangled up digitally in a tune! ♥ Kinda reminds me of Bit_meddler in a way, although not as crazy. And I'm happy it's not compressed to shit, as the dynamics in the first minute or two are great. *thumbs up*

So what you're saying is to keep the dynamics after the first minute or two? Thanks!

You know the main line in Carl Craig's Sandstorms? That's not even melodic and I think something like that might fit, at least in the more regular, even, continuous parts of the track.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I see it could use a bass line. I kind of like the air-y nature of the track, but because of that I haven't actually tried it. So I definitely will. I listened to the track, and will try that out.

Really original track. I like the weird vocal effects and the percussions are solid. The only thing it missed is some kind of bassline and/or riffs to sustain the track, especially for the first 2 minutes.

Not sure if it's original when I've had several people tell me it sounds like X but busier or X but less ambient. But thank you, and yeah ther bass line thins definitely.

track is awesome, but i miss a bassline, sorry for the cheesy comment. i do believe that's the melodic content that people say is missing on your track... when the beat kicks in @1:50, that's where i found out that what i was missing was a bass.

Okay I'm starting to see a pattern. Bassline. Heh I'll definitely try it.

Rad,

can you say what effect is on the main vox?

The main vox?

I don't quite understand the criticism. It feels very round to me, except perhaps toward the end. Could you point out what you mean? I am still in the 'composition' stage so.

It's not a criticism, I think you should do whatever you like/feel with your music. Just saying that I'd enjoy it more if there was a non-rhythmic, melodic element of some sort coming in at around 1:30/1:40. Up til then it carries itself along just fine.

I'm curious about what you mean. Could you point to an example of what you're talking about? Like an off-beat pad or bassline or something?

i meant the vocal part in the beginning with the grain stretchy sound.

I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.

It feels like it's missing some... less DSP-y sounds, but it definitely doesn't need a bassline.

Soooo, you think no more glitch, but there needs to be an extra melody of some sort?

So what you're saying is to keep the dynamics after the first minute or two? Thanks!

Hah, well the comment wasn't meant to imply anything after that time frame was lacking in dynamics, just that I particularly liked that first main vocal section.

And as for a bassline, I think if a subtle one went in there halfway through it would work, but I like the track as is as well so it's up to you.

It feels like it's missing some... less DSP-y sounds, but it definitely doesn't need a bassline.

Soooo, you think no more glitch, but there needs to be an extra melody of some sort?

Not necessarily a melody, I think it just needs some softer sounds somewhere. Just to lushen it up!

Guest skibby

I mean a melody made of notes which sustain rather than decay quickly, something that floats over or around all of the nice percussive stuff that you've done on this track.

Not necessarily a melody, I think it just needs some softer sounds somewhere. Just to lushen it up!

i think they mean pad.

but dont change a thing.

dont ever listen to what other people say

instead, make another song just like this one and add a pad/drone just like every aphex twin song has.

Good stuff, I am a big fan of psychill

that kind of vocal treatment is a bit cheesy and overdone at this point

interesting sounds. someone mentioned shpongle but this really reminds me of cloudcycle.. you'd probably be weirded out by the similarity if you checked their tracks out

it's not so much a melody the song lacks but a sense of progression, it kind of jumps between sequences. good work on the percussion. the hihat flurry towards the end felt unnecessary

could use more bass, beefier bass drum at least

Archived