IGNORED

Lentic Catachresis

cern

Okey fellas.. this track deserves its own thred. Lentic Catachresis is the scariest track I ever heard In my whole life. I shit my pants everytime I hear it.
I feel so dissy and just want to throw up.

The structure of the track etc is maybe just genius but I cant understand it.

Can someone describe this track more specific for me please?

It's nice, but it's one of those to which time wasn't forgiving. Central idea of a track, again a definite closer by style, was speeding up the tempo and finish in convulsions, something digital idm liked to focus on and weared it out to pieces. It's as scary as modern Hollywood horror scores, playing on the most basic impression of avant-garde techniques of XX century (unsettling effect). Interesting track for the first 4 minutes anyway.

I found out shortly after Confield came out that Lentic Catachresis literally means "the misapplication of a word or phrase in standing or stagnant water".

But yeah, even 13 years later it's still a wicked, hypnotic piece. Always wondered how they produced the "vocals". Sounds like some kind of granular synthesis.

A lenticular lens is an array of magnifying lenses, designed so that when viewed from slightly different angles, different images are magnified.[1] The most common example is the lenses used in lenticular printing, where the technology is used to give an illusion of depth, or to make images that appear to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles.

Sq3d-Feuille_lenticulaire.jpg

Catachresis (from Greek κατάχρησις, "abuse"), originally meaning a grammatical misuse or error—e.g., using "militate" for "mitigate", "decimate" for "devastate", "our mutual friend" for "our friend in common", "chronic" for "severe", "anachronism" for "anomaly", "alibi" for "excuse", etc.—is also the name given to many different types of figure of speech in which a word or phrase is being applied in a way that significantly departs from conventional (or traditional) usage.[1]

My understanding was that it's a way of saying they are treating sound more like an image or light being refracted through layers of lenses.

Makes hella lotta sense when listening with synaesthesia turned up to 11 by psilocybin.

fucking love this track. loved it since my first few listens, a bit of a weird early favourite even for autechre...

very few musicians i can think of are able to achieve the psychotic/death grip/mental clusterfuck vibe that comes across so perfectly in this track. i wonder what it sounds like to other people - personally i have to remind myself sometimes how bland and clippy it must sound to others while i'm literally swimming in the glaring heatstroke beating down on the trench of desert insects eating my flesh one memory spent at a time, in one instant.

• 1 month later...

wow thanks for posting that amazing Lentic Catachresis and Bine video's

for sure one of their most brain melting tracks ever

this is like the worst deathstruggling bad trip you could ever have

even ooze is scared

Archived