IGNORED

Lee Gamble - KOCH LP

BUNKUM

New album out in September on PAN and an EP, Kuang, in August. I really enjoyed his last couple of releases.

Bit more info here

Listen to "Untitled Reversion", an exclusive track from the London producer's forthcoming album KOCH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kinda interesting, never heard his stuff before. Sounds sort of like that forced lower budget added tape-hiss vibe of a lot of new records these days. Some minor SawII influence in there. Not really understanding it to be honest, sounds alright I suppose but other stuff on Pan is much better to my ears. I could see this appealing to people who are really into Basic Channel or lots of other minimalist/murky music styles, Its just generally not my bag.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this album and the Diversions and Kuang EPs as well. Like the contrast between the kind of frayed, gaseous layers and the more digital bleeps/bloops and percussion. Killer rhythms too. Refreshing to hear such melodic and rhythmic music on PAN.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had the time to spin this album a few times the last week and it's pretty great actually. His best so far for sure, and keeps growing on me. So diverse and yet so coherent. Big album! I like how his tracks are more divided than before as well, still floating so smoothly. Will be played a lot this winter for sure.

Probably needs more of a proper listen than a couple streams but I found it a tad boring. The Kuang EP on the other hand has Mimas Skank which is incredible. Got a bit of a Deadbeat feel to it, Roots and Wire style.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zwei Kreise

KOCH grabs me more than anything he's made before. Was on the fence about Diversions and Dutch Tvashar Plumes (beautiful sound design, great work on textures, but didn't end up grabbing me), KOCH though is really great.

Alternating between ambient phases and more beat-oriented tracks was also probably a good idea, the tracklist on this feels very coherent.

^flol that video

Im really liking this, its the first Lee Gamble release I've given a full listen. He seems to create a small world within each track, and its quite easy to get sucked into them. Great late-nite listening.

^flol that video

Im really liking this, its the first Lee Gamble release I've given a full listen. He seems to create a small world within each track, and its quite easy to get sucked into them. Great late-nite listening.

You should check Diversions: hypnotic waves of sounds made up with ambient interludes ripped and screwed out of old jungle tunes that lee had recorded on tape in the '90s.

https://soundcloud.com/pan_recs/lee-gamble-emu-pan-33

BTW Koch is the best/more complete release Lee Gamble has done, it has this cyberpunk ambient feeling like some of the soundscapes i loved in Quaristice, plus it has great grooves.