IGNORED

Call for female electronic Musicians

Call out for female electronic musicians to perform in a unique live event.

Uzume was the Japanese Shinto goddess of joy and happiness, called the Daughter of Heaven and Heaven's Forthright Female. It is a fitting name then for an evening of female electronic artists, the night is intended as a platform female talent in the genre and the only one of it's kind to be attempted in the UK. We need YOUR help to make it a success.

We are looking for female music acts within the electronica genre to perform at the night which will be held at an East London on 20th September 2014. It's a great oppurtunity to see a programme of all female electronic musicians.

No upfront payment but any profit made on the night will be shared equally between the acts.

For further details please email uzume1234@gmail.com with a link to your music and other information you feel relevant.

Deadline for submissions: 11th August 2014

UZUMEFullText2_zps7eeef01c.png

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol fem records...run by a man if i recall...

what a cunt.

ironing.

I remember reading his defense on why he runs a women only label, it was something like: "What? I just like women, lol!"

or something, can't fully remember

Why are there so few female electronic musicians?

Because they lack logic and reason.

lol

lol
lol

I know a few down here part of the electronic meetup group im in. I'l post the info on our page see if any of them are interested

much obliged.

I vote to start an all men event.

Oh wait that would be sexist.

*cough cough*

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

4775 posts?

=S

Oh I get it, the "desolate" show has all male artists.

I think there's a distinct difference if that's how the chips fall, compared to explicitly trying to exclude men.

bah I don't want to get into the sexism conversation lol.

I hope you find the females you are looking for and have a bangin' night!

I think there's a distinct difference if that's how the chips fall, compared to explicitly trying to exclude men.

I'm not sure the intentions are explicitly excluding men, more promoting women and this is probably the bestest way of doing it.

I'm not sure the intentions are explicitly excluding men, more promoting women and this is probably the bestest way of doing it.

Specifically promoting one gender based on their gender is exclusionary in nature. If you are promoting women only, you are by default excluding men. Seems unusual to not just want to promote artists on the basis of their music only, gender seems inconsequential unless there is intent behind it.

There is probably a rational reason for this that I'm unaware of.

I'll leave it at that I don't want to offend anyone or de-rail the thread.

Cheers

Naw it's no, that's like saying the MOBOs are racist as they're promoting exclusively artists of ethnicity and those performing black music

Why is there a need to promote a craft on a basis other than the merits of the craft itself?

It doesn't make sense. Who cares if the artist is black or female or white or whatever?

Promoting an art on dimensions other than artistic merit is convoluted. And yeah, I think promoting artists just because they're ethnic is racist. Why should a non-ethnic person that makes as good or better music not get promoted because his or her skin color is wrong?

"Oh sorry Richard D James, we're not promoting you because you're white. Nozinja step forward please, we're going to promote you now. You have the right skin color for us."

:cerious:

Promoting an art on dimensions other than artistic merit is convoluted. And yeah, I think promoting artists just because they're ethnic is racist. Why should a non-ethnic person that makes as good or better music not get promoted because his or her skin color is wrong?

In a perfect world absolutely agreed, unfortunately the mainstream world in which we're currently living is based on the promotion of majority and the exclusion of the minority.

In a perfect world absolutely agreed, unfortunately the mainstream world in which we're currently living is based on the promotion of majority and the exclusion of the minority.

Good point.

That is what I was referring to as "intent" earlier.

Maybe I live too close to a perfect world...

Archived