IGNORED

Pyramids Of Space - Mordant Music 073 Cassette

Comes out on Monday. Only the one sample so far and its released on cassette in 3 different colours. Heres what they say. If you purchase it direct from them you also get a wav download of the release. Got mine ordered.

Pyramids of Space…an excavated MMusty broadside from Cornwall circa 92-96 replete with misty provenance…a nebulous collective with an analogue core hashing out classic electronica from the heartland via Boss, Hitachi, & Cry Baby…a redolent distillation that iMMediately seeps into the bloodstream & will have walls sweating…POS had been residing in a lost chamber for a protracted phase until the Pharaoh's ferric curse finally got lifted by bailiffs…scale these dunes…IBM

Sample here

https://soundcloud.com/#mordant-music/mm073-pyramids-of-space

http://www.mordantmusic.com/

Very nice, lush in fact, and very B12. Sold out already, can't have had many copies. Do you think it will be available digitally?

Very nice, lush in fact, and very B12. Sold out already, can't have had many copies. Do you think it will be available digitally?

Only the "two tone" version is sold out. It's still available fyi.

Oh great, guess I should have followed the MM link. So where does it say you get the wavs on purchase from MM?

So now the MM site says downloads always included with any purchase. I swear the site keeps changing every time I go there.

Oh great, guess I should have followed the MM link. So where does it say you get the wavs on purchase from MM?

So now the MM site says downloads always included with any purchase. I swear the site keeps changing every time I go there.

The fellow from Mordant said he's going to send me the digitals later today.

Ok - got it now. Yeah, the preview track is a good example of the sound, without spoiling the variation in there (some's a bit darker, there are a few more abstract tracks too.) It's got a proper 1993 Artificial Intelligence/ambient techno vibe start to finish, really enjoying it.

Ok - got it now. Yeah, the preview track is a good example of the sound, without spoiling the variation in there (some's a bit darker, there are a few more abstract tracks too.) It's got a proper 1993 Artificial Intelligence/ambient techno vibe start to finish, really enjoying it.

Sweet, that seals it, I will buy. I've not bought a tape since about 1995 and don't have a tape deck, but never mind.

So the press release (if you can call it that) says "from Cornwall circa 92-96 replete with misty provenance". Is it supposed to be by someone well known? Could it be the Reload chaps?

So the press release (if you can call it that) says "from Cornwall circa 92-96 replete with misty provenance". Is it supposed to be by someone well known? Could it be the Reload chaps?

I dunno...MM releases have generally been Baron Modant/BrianMorant (Thanet/Mr Maxted?) or somebody more lively (Vindicatrix, Shackleton, Ekoplekz). So, barring more info, I'd think it was Baron Mordant circa early 90s. I'm curious to hear if the soundclip is representative of the release in general before buying.

No credits on the sleeve at all so all a secret. Wouldn't be surprised if it was IBM though, it usually is.

Giving it a more in depth listen now, there's some really classic sounding stuff on here.

• 1 month later...

Archived