IGNORED

mhtrtc

th555

Nice photos, but some of them feel a bit forced. I think it works better when the subject is "seemingly" unaware of the photo. The first one is a posed picture that sort of diminishes the affect.

I had always assumed that it was Mike and Marcus (and some of their other family members) on the cover, given the comparisons to the My Bloody Valentine "Isn't Anything" cover art.

Guest jasondonervan

"The origins of Boards of Canada date from around 1976 when Michael and Marcus were young children. They both learned to play various instruments while moving and relocating between northern Scotland, southern England and Alberta in Canada. Around 1980 on the north-east coast of Scotland the first version of the band was formed, not yet including Marcus Eoin in the line-up. For the next few years Mike and his friends created experimental music using borrowed synths, drums and tape machines."

Matador Press Release (I remember this was up on warp.net around the release of MHTRTC, or at least part of it)

maybe they are the right two children? is that a cat or a dog on the far left?

Dog or cat? That's the kid's pants...

"The origins of Boards of Canada date from around 1976 when Michael and Marcus were young children. They both learned to play various instruments while moving and relocating between northern Scotland, southern England and Alberta in Canada. Around 1980 on the north-east coast of Scotland the first version of the band was formed, not yet including Marcus Eoin in the line-up. For the next few years Mike and his friends created experimental music using borrowed synths, drums and tape machines."

Matador Press Release (I remember this was up on warp.net around the release of MHTRTC, or at least part of it)

'cept their first band wasn't called Boards of Canada...

Dog or cat? That's the kid's pants...

To the left of the guy in yellow, standing on the wall

Oh, yeah - it does look like a cat's hindquarter...

Meowsic Has The Right to Catnip?

ive always thought the picture was of their family, these two being boc

rtd12634602cd2.jpg

which i think is suggested by close-ups of their faces being on both of the inner gatefold panels

rtd12634602cd2.jpg

which i think is suggested by close-ups of their faces being on both of the inner gatefold panels

*waits for the inevitable creepy photoshop with adult Mike and Marcus' faces superimposed*

rtd12634602cd2.jpg

*waits for the inevitable creepy photoshop with adult Mike and Marcus' faces superimposed*

Calling jasondonervan...

Guest jasondonervan

rtd12634602cd2.jpg

Calling jasondonervan...

Keep an eye on tumblr over the coming days for some pieces relevant to this discussion. Digging deep in the archives...

• 2 weeks later...

Those two young lads being BoC would make a lot of sense.

And if I remember correctly, isn't the picture of the girl(s) on AFOT and Hi Scores from one of Peter Campbell's home videos?

Archived