IGNORED

Lawrence English - Wilderness of Mirrors

Full stream of the Wilderness of Mirrors on Room40's Soundcloud.

Really impressed with this so far, reminiscent of Kiri No Oto and The Peregrine.

https://soundcloud.com/room40/sets/lawrence-english-wilderness

Interview about the album here: http://theseventhhex.com/post/91842432590/lawrence-english-interview

immune records might still have white copies for US folks. Copped mine there.

same, thanks for the tip. full support for this release

the interview echoes some of my thoughts as well, great read.

definitely looking forward to this. has any one heard any of his earlier albums? thoughts?

A lot of his early work is comprised of straight up field recordings, I'd recommend checking out the albums on Cronica and Baskaru, both excellent, not as noisy as he is now though expect some high frequencies. His release as I/O is good, a couple of beat driven tracks, certainly stands out against the rest of his catalogue.

Guest cjsinnbeck

Been following him a bit since "A Colour for Autumn", which is really good. His releases are divided between two different styles (sort of) - the field recording-based and more minimal stuff like "A Colour..." and his release together with Minamo, and on the other hand the pure and harrowing drone of this new release, "Kiri No Oto", and others. It's all quite brilliant :-)

definitely looking forward to this. has any one heard any of his earlier albums? thoughts?

Kiri No Oto, The Peregrine, The Colour Of Autumn, and For Varying Degrees Of Winter are all awesome.

Just got my download code for this the other night, but haven't been able to listen yet. Looking forward to listening. Should be massive.

received the white vinyl edition today... favorite tracks: graceless hunter / another body. sounds are varied enough to keep it interesting unlike some drone releases, and a lot of subtle movement within the tracks as time progresses.

Guest extherium

Living in Brisbane, he does live shows every now and then, but they always seem to coincide with times I'm busy. Would love to get along to one one day. :/

• 4 months later...

Archived