IGNORED

What do you think of the band Black People?

Nebraska

fuck, i was dreaming of the best thread ever

i was about to post that .jpg of michael jackson with the caption saying something along the lines "i like popcorn n read comment at same thyme ""

i was relieved when is saw that the topic was in the music discussion forum and even more relieved when i saw the bandcamp link. But i still changed the topic title.

Good. Better than BLK PPL, the 19 year old white NYU student who will be the hottest post-trap revival producer and ableton dj of 2016

I wonder what people would have said if this thread were not about a band. I'll bet the thought is that there aren't many black people here to take offense to that.....

black is still a colour (well not technically, it is the absence of colour) black has plenty of cultural connotations way beyond the racial one. These weren't the first things that we thought of when we saw the band name were they. If the band is any good and gets popular though, as with all band names, the name itself will come to mean something other than our first impression left us with. Funny how that works. The man in black, frank black, black sabbath. black this, black the other, dark throne (lol).

Archived