IGNORED

Spl9 Stereo Difference

Sam

Just wondering what method you went about to isolate this. Very very awesome :music:

Split the stereo file in two mono files, phase inverse one of them, pan them both to center.

I genuinely feel that Spl9 is one of Autechre's finest moments ever. It's an absolute, cast-iron masterpiece.

The first couple of minutes are so playful and fun, but suddenly it gets caught in a terrifying cat-chasing-its-own tail spasm around the three minute mark, and then just as it breaks out of the loop, the entire space in which you sense the track is taking place gets torn right open, as if a gigantic void has opened up all around you and your sense of scale and depth has been fucked right out the window. And then when the 5 minute mark hits the entire track cannibalises itself and by the very end all you are left with are minute flickers and shadows of what came before.

It's fucking AMAZING.

Guest bitroast

I genuinely feel that Spl9 is one of Autechre's finest moments ever. It's an absolute, cast-iron masterpiece.

The first couple of minutes are so playful and fun, but suddenly it gets caught in a terrifying cat-chasing-its-own tail spasm around the three minute mark, and then just as it breaks out of the loop, the entire space in which you sense the track is taking place gets torn right open, as if a gigantic void has opened up all around you and your sense of scale and depth has been fucked right out the window. And then when the 5 minute mark hits the entire track cannibalises itself and by the very end all you are left with are minute flickers and shadows of what came before.

It's fucking AMAZING.

lol yeah. good description.

exai does absolutely amazing things with sound and space.

It's only really that section of the song that has sounds that come to the forefront with that process. The rest of the track is just distorted crackles and bloops.

Wondering whether the mp3 compression artifacts (can be heard clearly around 0:50-1:00) are deliberate.

Me too. Cool thing you can't be sure if they are deliberate. Easily could be

:) I had to check so I repeated the process with the 24bit WAV files and nop, the mp3 compression artifacts aren't there. Shame :(

Archived