IGNORED

Moogfest 2015 Canceled

Rubin Farr

At least they're very honest about it with their fan base. Respect to them for that. If they read this: do like Ted. Film everything and stream it online. Create an iOS and Android application + a website that shows all the presentations. It was too exclusive to be financially viable.

its beautiful there. lots of hippies and all around free spirits seem to inhabit that place (asheville). i've heard it described as the "Portland of the south" and that's pretty spot on.

it's nice how the fest is set up. you traverse all throughout the city, seeing shows at various venues, all unique in there own right, and many are outside and free to the public. one show ends as the next starts three blocks down the road. a highlight was to see kraftwerk play the biggest auditorium in asheville from 8-10 then walk to this little hole in the wall to see jimmy edgar and the art department kill from 11 to 2, which i peaked during. broke my glasses

having it in rural north carolina (undoubtedly the states' hotbed of electronic music fans) im sure makes them tons of money

oh goshh. just in greensboro you can catch all kinds of LA style hip hop and trip hop shows weekly plus shit tons of other hipster bullshit. +1 to what a dude said about asheville. It really is kind of the portland of the south.

Yeah I was scratching my head at the thought of it being in NC, though I've never been there so I have no idea what I'm talking about. The only thing I know about North Carolina is that it contains the last remaining native wetland habitat of the Venus Flytrap.

having it in rural north carolina (undoubtedly the states' hotbed of electronic music fans) im sure makes them tons of money

oh goshh. just in greensboro you can catch all kinds of LA style hip hop and trip hop shows weekly plus shit tons of other hipster bullshit. +1 to what a dude said about asheville. It really is kind of the portland of the south.

I have no doubt that Asheville is very very nice. I grew up in a town of similar size and stature -- not the largest city in the state, but the cultural hub - and these days tons of hipster bullshit. That said, the area AROUND asheville is what draws the money, are people from NYC, Boston, philly really going to make the trip down to asheville? certainly not new yorkers. and new yorkers and rich LA shitheads are what makes things profitable. Now I'm sure throwing a giant festival in asheville is a lot cheaper than in NYC, couldn't you do something like woodstock? Just nearer to larger urban areas full of rich people (respectively) who will make the journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived